Motion Detection Problem

Report and discuss bugs here!
yawcamfan

Motion Detection Problem

Post by yawcamfan »

Hello, sorry for my english it isnt the best, i hope you understand what i mean ;)

I have a problem with "Motion Detection" of YawCam. If i enable the motion detection, it runs for 3-5 seconds, then it stops.

does anybody have a solution for that problem?
NeighborWatch

Post by NeighborWatch »

:( I have an identical issue. Is there any resolution for this? Everytime I ENABLE Motion Detection, it runs for a few seconds and then displays "Motion Detection NOT Running"
yawcamfan

Post by yawcamfan »

NeighborWatch wrote::( I have an identical issue. Is there any resolution for this? Everytime I ENABLE Motion Detection, it runs for a few seconds and then displays "Motion Detection NOT Running"
Ive found a solution :) :

You must turn off the scheduler!
epivnik

Motion detector says enabled, but not working...

Post by epivnik »

Version 0.3.2

After working fine for about a week, no motion events are detected, and the detection preview screen shows no changing pixels, even when modifying the threshholds. It also will not let me change the detection rectangle - which is no longer displayed. Any ideas?

I am using java 1.6.0_17 on a fairly slow computer, (Dell P3 930 mghtz 512mb ram) but a very powerful Radeon graphics card.

Also, the preview screen shows a lot of flicker.

I've tried rebooting / reinstalling, and am running out of ideas to try.

ON the other hand this software is really great for an early version.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Try uninstalling your version, and trying the new BETA http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1274

It fixed my flickering, but still seem to be having problems where yawcam freezes and saves the same picture in file output over and over...

It might fix your problem, so I suggest you give it a try at least...

z3r0c00l12