No Device Selected

Report and discuss bugs here!
stardustsilver

Post by stardustsilver »

Hey. I'm using version 0.3.7 and have the same problem once or twice a day, as the program loses contact with the webcam, and only the message "no device selected" appears, must then restart Yawcam and everything works ok a few hours again. I'm using Windows 7 home premium. I've turned off all power saving settings to the USB and PC. I previously used Fwink and there everything works ok 24/7 (but fwink had inadequate image quality)

http://www.weather-lillehammer.com/
BobW

Post by BobW »

This is also now occurring immediately after updating to Yawcam 0.3.8, and Java 7.5 on a Windows 7, 64 bit machine. It just randomly looses the device. A Yawcam restart finds the device again without any other actions taken.

If device is lost, potentially hundreds of photos are lost. I have lost over 900 on each of two consecutive nights. It is not practical to watch the preview screen or the console 24/7.

If these items cannot be resolved, please consider audible alarms to notify that the program has malfunctioned so the user can intervene manually to restart, reboot, or whatever else is necessary to restore the program to operate properly.

Thanks !
daled

Post by daled »

I'm also seeing this problem running 0.3.7 on a Windows XP SP3 machine. Exiting and restarting yawcam fixes the problem. The problem occurs rather randomly every few days.