Pb with streaming

Report and discuss bugs here!
Big Max Leo

Pb with streaming

Post by Big Max Leo »

some people see the streaming ... some don't ... why is that ?
you can check on my site www.bigmax.org, I have two links
one for FTP that works fine, and one for Live WebCam that does not work for most people ...
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

When I tested you site right now, I get the error 404 message from yawcam. Which means that yawcam is on, but the stream is not enabled.

I'll give it another try later and see if you have enabled the stream then.

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Now I can see you. And the html code on the page is looking good.

My guess is that the people that can't see the stream is running windows xp and don't have any java runtime at all installed.

Windows xp is not shipped with any java runtime due to Microsoft's licence dispute with Sun. Please ask the users that can't see you do download and install java from: www.java.com

/malun
Big Max Leo

Post by Big Max Leo »

My WebCam is not 24/24 because it takes too much of my CPU and plus when I updated my website I cannot have 2 FTP users logged on ... :-)
Thank you for reminding me of the JAVA dispute with Sun ... of course I had forgotten ... but this is a big of a problem anyway as I cannot ask everyone to do that ... ! Your C version will solve all problems ... :-)
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Actually the C version will not solve this problem. There will still be required to run an applet to get the stream. And to run the applet one will have to have some kind of java runtime installed.

The C version will probalby sove a lot of problems, but sadly not this one...

/malun
Big Max Leo

Post by Big Max Leo »

OK ;-(
so I should tell them to run the automatic install on the Javasite, that install the "Java Plug-in" ? Is that correct ? I don't remember how I installed my Java .... thank you :?:
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Yes, they should go to www.java.com and click the yellow button on the top right side that says "Get it now!" This launches the automatical installation process.

/malun