Yawcam client terminates immediately after start up

Report and discuss bugs here!
Dizzee

Yawcam client terminates immediately after start up

Post by Dizzee »

yawcam was working well for sometime...
We got a new ISP and a new router, and I couldn't get the setting on the router to work.
So I switched the yawcam server off till later..
At some point I also playe with camsplitter to split the camera feed between yawcam and skype.

later when I tried to get it working it would simply close,

I have installed and reinstalled and deleted etc. I have deleted the .yawcam folder at c\user\username\.yawcam
I have sat there simply clicking yawcam icon (pinned to task bar), having it instantly terminate and hoping to find an event in the event log.. but I must be looking in the wrong place as I could not find anything.

I'm at a loss as to why the client terminates instantly after being started, with at best a flash of the client window, but usually nothing... I can (when I click it multiple times) see the yawcam.exe appear in taskmanager... but as soon as I stop clicking away it vanishes.

Windows 7, 64bit
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Dizzee

Post by Dizzee »

also: I have treid using debug_start.bat (both the one downloaded and the one included in the app)
No debug_log.txt is generated.. or I can't find it :?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

What version of Java do you have installed?
Dizzee

Post by Dizzee »

ok funny thing that..
I had java installed! but, only last night I noticed it wasn't working in my Chrome browser.
I always visit an online games website (runescape) to test out my java (you don't need to play it, the sight tests and guides you through installation)... (fyi runescape worked in other browsers.. using java!)

I installed java for chrome for runescape, and now yawcam is working!!
Not sure why this would happen.. maybe somewhere along the line the previous installation of java got corrupted.

Anyway, fixed... maybe a feature request... maybe the client could perform a java test and give a notice instead of crashing...
Thanks for the reply