webcam

Report and discuss bugs here!
abriana

webcam

Post by abriana »

How do I get my webcam to work on skype? My webcam works perfectly fine on the test video for skype but once I try and make a video call it doesn't work. It says that the webcam is off and when I hit the button to turn it on it just turns itself right off again. All of my software is up to date and so is my driver for the webcam. I have tried everything and I am honestly at a loss right now. I have a lenovo laptop with a built in webcam and it is running windows 8. I have no idea what to do. All I want to do is be able to talk to my bf and see him. This whole thing is so stressful. Can anyone help me?
Nose-cam

Re: webcam with skype

Post by Nose-cam »

If you use any other software that accesses the webcam, Skype cannot access it.
Unless you use a video splitter software like Youcam (there is a free version, but not on the producers website) or SplitCam Video Cam Splitter:
"SplitCamera is a virtual video clone and video capture driver for connecting several applications to a single video capture source. Usually, if you have a Web camera connected to your computer, you cannot use it in more than one application at the same time, and there is no standard Windows options that makes it possible. SplitCam driver allows you to easily multiply your Web camera video in any conferencing software like ICQ, Yahoo, or MSN Messenger and to broadcast it to many users at a time. With SplitCam you can connect up to 64 clients to a single video source."