Windows 8.1 YAWCam Crashes When Loading Camera

Report and discuss bugs here!
ShibSta

Windows 8.1 YAWCam Crashes When Loading Camera

Post by ShibSta »

I have a Logitech C910 camera. When I disable the device in the device manager, YAWCam loads the GUI fine. However, when I enable it, YAWCam crashes during the splash screen while 'loading devices...'

Code: Select all

Running init for cam: 0 pin: 0 format: 0
CamManager.initCam()
dsj.dll version: 0_8_7
dsj.jar version: 0_8_7
DSEnvironment.getSystemInfo(true):
JRE: 1.8.0_60, class version: 52.0
Locale: en_US, codepage: Cp1252

java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_60

class path: .;lib/activation.jar;lib/commons-jxpath-1.1.jar;lib/commons-logging.jar;lib/commons-logging-api.jar;lib/dsj.jar;lib/jmf.jar;lib/mail.jar;lib/mx4j-impl.jar;lib/mx4j-jmx.jar;lib/mx4j-remote.jar;lib/mx4j-tools.jar;lib/sbbi-jmx-1.0.jar;lib/sbbi-upnplib-1.0.4.jar;lib/ftp4j.jar;lib/commons-codec-1.4.jar

library path: C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\HashiCorp\Vagrant\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\;C:\Users\Devon\AppData\Roaming\php;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Users\Devon\AppData\Roaming\npm;.
CamManager.queryDevices()
F: http://www.yawcam.com/ver.dat
F: http://home.bitcom.se/yawcam_files/ver.dat
0.4.2 == 0.4.2  -> 0
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x61014a80, pid=3616, tid=9264
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_60-b27) (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.60-b23 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [dsj.dll+0x14a80]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\Devon\AppData\Local\Temp\\hs_err_pid3616.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Also, just our of curiosity, since this program is free and doesn't seem like development is very active, would you consider making it open-source on GitHub or something? That way, others would be able to continue your work and perhaps make it a bit more stable...

Thanks
z3r0c00l12

Re: Windows 8.1 YAWCam Crashes When Loading Camera

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Looks like you are getting an access violation. Try running Yawcam as an administrator, that fixed that problem for me before.
ShibSta

Post by ShibSta »

I've already tried that, that was the first thing I tried, right after closing Skype and everything else that may have been using the camera.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Try uninstalling the drivers (if any), reinstall latest drivers (from logitech's website), restart your computer then run Yawcam as and administrator.