Image Array Not Honoring the Number of Pics

Report and discuss bugs here!
robroy

Image Array Not Honoring the Number of Pics

Post by robroy »

I have a trigger setup on email alerts to send 10 pics when motion is detected. This worked fine in 0.4.1. In 0.5.0, it sends a random number of pics... sometimes 3...sometimes 5...but never 10. I'm reverting back to 0.4.1. Great job on this app... it's done the job for me for years.
malun
Site Admin

Re: Image Array Not Honoring the Number of Pics

Post by malun »

Read the text in the settings one more time. It actually says:
"Limit to X images / triggered event"

So this means that as long as there is motion in front of the camera, images will be saved with the specified interval.
But you have the option to limit the number of images saved and set a maximum number.

So if you have the settings set to
interval: 1000 ms (one image per second)
limit: 10 images

If there is motion for 5 seconds, you will get 5 images.
(The limit will not be used)

If there is motion for 15 seconds, you will get 10 images.
(The limit will be used)

I'm afraid this didn't work in version 0.4.1 where you always would get the number of images entered as the limit (even if there was no motion in front of the camera for the last images). This bug was fixed to version 0.5.0 and that's why you get a different behavior. As far as I know, it now works as intended.

/malun
robroy

Re: Image Array Not Honoring the Number of Pics

Post by robroy »

I see...thanks for the reply. I actually like the 10 images and did not realize it's original intention was to send pics only if motion is detected in that interval. I went back to 0.4.1 but I understand the new reason or fix for this.