Motion Detection doesn't work while in screensaver

Report and discuss bugs here!
simian

Motion Detection doesn't work while in screensaver

Post by simian »

I'm trying to use Yawcam to exit the computer out of screensaver when motion is detected. However, it seems that as soon as the computer goes into screensaver the motion detection stops working. To test this, I had Yawcam play a sound whenever motion was detected. It worked fine until the screensaver turned on. However, if I used the mouse or keyboard to exit the screensaver, motion detection would begin working again.

This is on a Windows 10 machine with a Logitech C270.
malun
Site Admin

Re: Motion Detection doesn't work while in screensaver

Post by malun »

Strange! I can't reproduce this on my test machines.
Anyone else with this problem?

/malun
cloughit

Post by cloughit »

Just wondering if you found a solution to this?

I am experiencing the same issue on my WIndows 10 laptop. Motion detection works until screensaver is activated. As soon as screensaver is deactivated motion detection works again.

I have the motion detection set to run a exe and it doesn't run unless the screensaver is not active.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Any chance the light from the screen is affecting what the camera sees?

I did get a similar behavior when I did like this:
I tried with a built in webcam in a laptop and went from a bright screen to a dark screensaver. The change in light triggered the motion detection and a motion event started. Since I use the reference image as detection algorithm, it took some time before the reference image had adjusted to the new light condition. During this period the motion event was still active and a new motion event can't start before the last one has ended.

I could see that the duration of the event triggered by the screensaver was longer. This was the time it took for the reference image to adjust to the new light condition. When the first event had ended and adjustments where done, the following events started directly when something moved in front of the camera.

Could it be that you have faced something similar?

/malun