Change of picture resolution after restart

Report and discuss bugs here!
Helge

Change of picture resolution after restart

Post by Helge »

Hi

I may have overlooked something, but have the problem of Yawcam choosing a low resolution for one of my webcams after a restart of Yawcam.

I have been using Creative Live Motion and Creative instant webcams but have now substituted the Creative Instant with Philips SPC900NC. When exiting Yawcam and starting Yawcam again Yawcam will not remember my resolution selection/setting for the Philips webcam. According to Philips the 900 have a CCD image sensor of 640X480 and can take pictures software enhanced up to 1280X960. I would expect Yawcam to start up with 640X480 when I did select and use this setting before restarting the software? Is it possible to save the fomat/resolution in any way so that Yawcam will remember and use f.ex. 640X480 after a shutdown (because of a electricity outage) and automatic startup (bios power recovery at as last or on, windows automatic logon and Yawcam in the startup folder).

Another strange thing - bug? When previously using the Creative Instant camera it happened from time to time that Yawcam lost its memory of the cam driver so the driver had to be reinstalled. This happened on two different PC's and with two different Creative instant cameraes. No problem for me anymore since I am not using C.Instant anymore... but anyway :wink:
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

The fast solution described here:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=707

more info on how this solution came up here:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=589

/malun
Helge

Post by Helge »

From what version do this work?

0.2.6>7
betaversion

?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Works since beta 2007-03-10.
In other words it also works in version 0.3.0

/malun
Helge

Post by Helge »

malun wrote:Works since beta 2007-03-10.
In other words it also works in version 0.3.0

/malun
Not in 0.2.6>7 though...?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

There exists several beta versions named 0.2.6>7. The only way to separate different betas is by the build date.

/malun