All config lost, reset to defaults

Report and discuss bugs here!
skypanther

All config lost, reset to defaults

Post by skypanther »

My birdcam has been working fine for a couple of weeks. This morning, Yawcam had reset to all defaults--streaming port, page designer text, file output location, etc. I had to reconfigure all those to get the system back to the settings I wanted.

I've been trying to get some auto-wakeup and auto-shutdown scripts to work so that I don't have to manually boot and shut down the PC every day. There's a chance the computer didn't shut down properly last night. Even if that were the case, it would imply that Yawcam is somehow resetting the config details when it's started then writing the values when it shuts down.

BTW, the default port of 8081 is the same as the management interface on my Linksys router. My main config change is to pick a different port for the stream so that it could pass through my router. Perhaps you'll choose a different default port for future releases.

Tim
Flopper

Post by Flopper »

Maybe you should change the port on your router, you cannot expect every piece of software to adapt itself to your router can you?
skypanther

Post by skypanther »

No, but I can expect software to not default to using widely used ports. Linksys routers are about the most popular out there. Yawcam should choose another port, as by default, port 8081 is blocked on these routers. If you open it up, you end up getting the router admin screen rather than the Yawcam screen.
Flopper

Post by Flopper »

You are correct about it being more flexible to change the default ports on software, BUT, like you say, if that Linksys is the most common one on the market, the worst thing you can do security-wise is leave it's port to default!