Cannot use Skype when running as a service scheduled

Report and discuss bugs here!
Gremo

Cannot use Skype when running as a service scheduled

Post by Gremo »

I, i'm running this great program as a service, scheduled to grab images in a folder.
However, even not in the scheduling hours, the webcam is used all time, and skype says that the device is used by another application. Only stopping the service results in skype webcam working...

Don't know if this is the normal app behaviour or not...
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

This is very normal.
Once started as a service, Yawcam uses the video source you selected (In this case your webcam).
Without the use of an other piece of software like Split Camera, you can't use the selected source anymore.

Your solution :
  1. Install a second webcam and use that in Skype
  2. Install and run Split Camera before you started Yawcam (as service or otherwise)
Of course once Split Camera running you have to select the Split Camera driver as source for Yawcam as well as for Skype.
brendara

Post by brendara »

Can you use a video camera hooked to your computer instead of a webcam when using Skype? We're planning a video chat with family across the country and the family on this end is pretty big, so it would be nice to be able to use something with a wider view that's able to pan around, and also, it's better quality. Is there a way to hook up my camera to Skype instead of using my laptop's webcam?