Something very freaky

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
MartyK

Something very freaky

Postby MartyK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:58 am

For ages now I have left the cams on using my WAN ip to view remotely from work.

However today loads of IPs are showing up in the console window.

My only guess of a way round this is to use DUC or something?

Am I correct?

Can someone please help me with setting it up?

Cheers.

Advertisement

MartyK

Re: Something very freaky

Postby MartyK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:26 am

Ive actually justed out this no-ip thing but it still doesnt mask my IP. What I mean is yes u can view the camera through the new no-ip URL but also through the WAN ip. I want it to not be able to be viewed through the WAN ip but through the no-ip IP only.

MA_Angel

Re: Something very freaky

Postby MA_Angel » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:04 pm

MartyK wrote:...

My only guess of a way round this is to use DUC or something?

Am I correct?

Incorrect.

MartyK wrote:... can view the camera through the new no-ip URL but also through the WAN ip.

That's the purpose of a DDNS service like No-IP, and that's how it works--nothing abnormal here.

MartyK wrote:I want it to not be able to be viewed through the WAN ip but through the no-ip IP only.

That's not how a DDNS service works... cannot be done as such.

You can secure your Yawcam connection by setting up and using a strong password on the stream output so to restrict access. You can also configure your firewall(s) to whitelist your work IP(s) and/or blacklist the rogue IP(s). Having an open connection only invites unrestricted access, and hacking of your webcam to become another compromised IoT device in some DDoS botnet(s). FYI.

Return to “General”