great software, but I have a streaming question

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
warpoc

great software, but I have a streaming question

Post by warpoc »

I've noticed that I only seem to be uploading my image on average @ 20kbs when I have one user viewing me, he reckoned that he was getting the image at around 3-5fps.

My Internet connection allows faster uploads speeds, so I was wondering if your software was deliberately throttling down the speed. If so, is there a way I can get it to use more bandwidth and therefore get greater fps output for one viewers?

My image quality is set at 25% and apparently I look great, well obviously :wink:
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Yes, the frame rate is strangled to reduce the CPU and bandwidth consumption. The maximum fps you can get can be observed if you watch yourself over a local network or on the same computer. It should be around 10 fps. (depending on computer speed and workload).

When the applet is viewed over the Internet you will never reach the maximum speed due to delays and sometimes congestion.

Right now there is no way to control the bandwidth consumption in Yawcam. These parameters are "hard coded". Sorry.

/malun
warpoc

Post by warpoc »

thanks for the reply
I have it on my network and yes I do get around 10 frames even on 640-480-
I don't mean to have sounded dissatisfied, it is a fine bit of software, I tip my hat to you sir :)
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

warpoc wrote: I don't mean to have sounded dissatisfied, it is a fine bit of software, I tip my hat to you sir :)
No harm done! I just wanted to explain how it works :wink:

/malun