HELP! Yawcam causes network connection to fail

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Helge

HELP! Yawcam causes network connection to fail

Post by Helge »

I changed the computer running one of my four webcams and one of my two weather stations due to the old computer getting more and more unstable.

The "old" computer was a (single core) P4 HTT 3,0 GHz with 2 GB of RAM running WinXP pro SP2. The "new" computer is a Pentium Dual Core 2,5 GHz with 2 GB of RAM also running WinXP pro SP2.

The PROBLEM is that Yawcam is messing up the network connection of the "new" computer when Yawcam try to upload images by FTP. I BTW only use Yawcam to upload images by FTP. As long as I do not try to upload images with Yawcam, Internet browsers work fine, FTP data upload by the weather station software works fine (so why do not Yawcam FTP?), connecting to computers in my LAN works fine and pinging other computers work fine. But as soon as I try to upload images with Yawcam (that BTW fails) all the mentioned communications stop working (Internet browsers, FTP data upload by the weather station software, connecting to computers in my LAN and pinging other computers). When I reebot the computer the network connection is fine again until Yawcam try to upload images..... :cry:

PLEASE any suggestions to solve this problem :(
Helge

Post by Helge »

I have now uninstalled Yawcam and java completely with revo uninstaller upgraded Windows from SP2 to SP3 and installed java and yawcam again. No changes :cry:

The buildt-in FTP in my weatherstation software (Virtual Weather Station) works fine, my FTP client software (WS-FTP) works fine as with Internet browsers, ping etc.

Yawcam file saving to local disks works fine but Yawcam FTP do not and freezes all network communication on the PC (both LAN and Internet) :cry: I am out of ideas :shock: