[help] i can't select format

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
antipro

[help] i can't select format

Post by antipro »

hi to all, i downloaded yawcam just now, i see the prewiew window is flickering, so i found a thread where someone suggested of dl this file: "dsj.zip" and replace two files in the yawcam folder.
i did that and it works but now i can't select the format (i mean the resolution).

when i select change format, nothing appear.

actually i am using a logitech e3500 webcam on vista x64.
i'll try soon with another webcam on xp.

can someone pls help me?
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

Hi there,

While your camera is on, you will have a small window with the tabs Control Panel & Console.
The Control Panel is the one you want to use.

Click on Settings for a drop down window - Click on Edit Settings - Click on Stream & the third option is "Scale"...click on the arrow to select your resolution.

I hope this helps...
antipro

Post by antipro »

Laura Boivin wrote:Hi there,

While your camera is on, you will have a small window with the tabs Control Panel & Console.
The Control Panel is the one you want to use.

Click on Settings for a drop down window - Click on Edit Settings - Click on Stream & the third option is "Scale"...click on the arrow to select your resolution.

I hope this helps...
no, it dont works.
i dont need to stream anything at the moment. you are talking about to scale an eventual stream. While i am talking about to setting - camera - select video format: this option "select video format" is unselectable.

without replace the two files i mentioned before, all is good, i can select the resolution of 640*480 or others, not only 320*240.
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

OK...I see what you are talking about now.

In mine, under Settings, I see Microsoft DV Camera and VCR> but I am using a Camcorder & have the option to add a tape.
I think it may be because you are using the Logitech webcam that you don't have the option to change anything.

Sorry about my previous answer, but when I saw the word resolution in your post, I wrongly assumed you meant the size.
antipro

Post by antipro »

well, i'd like to use this software.

without any modified files it works good with webcam options such as the resolution but i can't use it cause the flickering preview.

with the dsj.zip modification files (.dll and .jar) the preview is good but i can't use it cause i can't select the correct resolution i want to use, and also i can't go in the device properties.

so, is there another way to fix the preview issue without affecting on the device properties and format control?

anyone? only me with this issue?
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

I searched the forum for the term "flickering", it seems you are not the only one having the problem.
In the same thread someone suggest also to downgrade the java runtime
There's a thread in the bugs forum which suggests it's the Java runtime environment that's the problem.

Go back to an earlier version of Java and it's okay.

You can get older versions of Java here http://www.oldapps.com/java.htm

I'm running 1.6.0.1 and it's fine.
Is it possible for you to try this out ?
antipro

Post by antipro »

Thanks, yes I saw that, and I might try but I do not want.
Maybe i am wrong but I think is not good for security or stability.
Also i am not sure about the correct procedure to downgrade java.
I'll wait for another version of java or yawcam.
Meanwhile I'll try this version into another pc with xp32.