Streaming Yawcam goes offline after 5 seconds

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
bcpoleclimber

Streaming Yawcam goes offline after 5 seconds

Post by bcpoleclimber »

When I use the Yawcam html page, the page streams for only about 5 seconds then goes offline. Sometimes it doesn't connect at all. I have not been able to find anything that mentions this in the forum. Thanks.
bcpoleclimber

Post by bcpoleclimber »

I should mention what I mean by "yawcam html page" This is yawcam's built-in "It's a Webcam" page.

I have been able to figure out pretty much everything else using this forum...port forwarding, ftp as well as streaming to my own webpage using the applet, etc.

For the latest version of my webpage I just want to have a link pointing back to my computer:port. The "It's A Webcam" page opens fine (usually, but not always), but when it does open, it only stays online for 5 seconds, then goes to the offline image. I'm sure it must be something simple that I am missing....perhaps editing the yawcam\stream\template_js file? But when I try to modify that file I get a error message stating "Cannot create the <FILE>. make sure the path and file name are correct.
Laura Boivin

Re: Streaming Yawcam goes offline after 5 seconds

Post by Laura Boivin »

bcpoleclimber wrote:When I use the Yawcam html page, the page streams for only about 5 seconds then goes offline. Sometimes it doesn't connect at all. I have not been able to find anything that mentions this in the forum. Thanks.
Did you check your settings under Settings - Stream - Additional Settings - Data Limit (remove checkmark) Time Limit (remove checkmark) & OK
bcpoleclimber

Post by bcpoleclimber »

Hi Laura, thanks for your reply. I do have those boxes unchecked already. For the heck of it I tried setting time limit to 60 sec. and that didn't make any difference...still shut off after approx. 5 sec.
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

bcpoleclimber wrote:Hi Laura, thanks for your reply. I do have those boxes unchecked already. For the heck of it I tried setting time limit to 60 sec. and that didn't make any difference...still shut off after approx. 5 sec.
Hi BC,

I set mine at Data Limit 5048 & Time at 840...then I clicked OK...then went back in & removed the checkmarks...don 't know if that makes a difference.
Did you click OK after making the change? that seems to matter for your settings to be saved
bcpoleclimber

Post by bcpoleclimber »

Tried that suggestion also but to no avail. Like I mentioned earlier it streams indefinately when it's embedded with the applet into my own webpage, but when I use the Yawcam template it only streams for 5 seconds. :?
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

bcpoleclimber wrote:Tried that suggestion also but to no avail. Like I mentioned earlier it streams indefinately when it's embedded with the applet into my own webpage, but when I use the Yawcam template it only streams for 5 seconds. :?
OK...now I know what you're talking about :roll:

But, first I have to say that I used the javascript in my web page; mine doesn't work with the applet.

But, if I use just the html in Yawcam, I get nothing....not even a picture, yet I do have the html enabled :?:
bcpoleclimber

Post by bcpoleclimber »

It is all a bit confusing....I use the applet code in my webpage, but in my stream settings in Yawcam, the stream type is set to Javascript. When I change that setting to applet, nothing works. Oh well, trial and error! :?
poly8888

Post by poly8888 »

I just set my webcam up and are having the same problem. Anyone has found what the problem is? Thanks.
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

bcpoleclimber wrote:It is all a bit confusing....I use the applet code in my webpage, but in my stream settings in Yawcam, the stream type is set to Javascript. When I change that setting to applet, nothing works. Oh well, trial and error! :?
I have been trying your webpage & see that it is set to applet; it will not open & after a while shows an error.
I tried your IP address & "Internet Explorer Canot display"

Also, cannot open your blog or your forum.

Is there something I'm missing?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I had the same problem for a few months, I tried many things, what fixed for me was using IE instead of Firefox, for some reason, Firefox doesn't handle javascript AJAX calls very well... Works well in IE...

If you want to keep using firefox, I tested this and works miracles, install the IE Tab add-on for firefox, and run your yawcam page as an IE page inside firefox, it works for me and stream stays up alot longer this way, I still setup the page to auto-refresh every 60 seconds, didn't stop working yet and I've been streaming for at least 48 hours straight now...

Good Luck, and if this fix your problem, please mention it, it will help others fix their problem as well.

Thank you.
z3r0c00l12
bcpoleclimber

Post by bcpoleclimber »

Thx for the info z3r0c00l12. The problem only happens when the image opens its own page. It streams fine when I put it in the main page. Sorry Laura, the webcam is usually turned off...as for the forum, I have uninstalled that software, but the blog should work just fine.