Help me to configure Email Alerts

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
shan5dx

Help me to configure Email Alerts

Post by shan5dx »

I configured yawcam email alerts, I used port forwarding first and tried but it didn'n work, Then i tried by enabling upnp, but again the same. Help me to overcome this problem. And is it possible to view live stream using a mobile? :?:
skmmiranda

RE: Help me to configure Email Alerts

Post by skmmiranda »

Hello shan5dx, try opening a gmail account. I believe the SMTP server you want to enter into Yawcam is: smtp.gmail.com Hope it works, I have not tried it but will soon. Good Luck, skmmiranda.
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

What did you filled in as eMail address (the To field)?
(Ex (mine) : bk265241@SKYNET.be)

What did you have set as outgoing eMail server (the SMTP Server field) ?
(Ex (mine) : relay.skynet.be)
For Gmail it will be something like : smtp.gmail.com
Yawcam -> Motion detection -> Actions -> Send E-mail

The settings for the e-mail action looks like this. Note that some settings will be hidden when not used. Which settings that are visible depends on how you select the other settings in this window.

[E-mail]

To - The e-mail address you want to send the message to.

From - The e-mail address you want the message to come from. (If the receiver replies to the message, the reply will be sent to this address.)

Subject - The subject of the message.

Message - The content of the e-mail message.

Attach Image - Mark this checkbox if an image shall be attached to the e-mail. (Use the image array to attach more than one image.)

[Smtp server]

Smtp server - The server that actually sends the e-mail. (Check with your internet service provider which server you shall use.) If you have an gmail account can use the smtp server of gmail. More info about gmail here.

Port - The port number where your smtp server is running. (default is: 25)

Encrypted connection (SSL) - Some smtp servers require an encrypted connection. Mark this checkbox if your server requires this.

Password required - Mark this checkbox and enter username and password in the fields if your smtp server requires authentication.
Info found in the Yawcam - Online help
skmmiranda

Post by skmmiranda »

I can confirm that smtp.gmail.com does work if you have a gmail account...atleast it worked for me. Sincerely, skmmiranda
skmmiranda

Post by skmmiranda »

I set up yawcam to use my gmail account so that I would email myself. This means the "to" and "from" email addresses would be the same. In the "SMTP Server Block" I entered: smtp.gmail.com I also selected the "use encrypted connection" box and the "password required" box. Under the "Username" box, I entered my full gmail adddress, then under the "password" box, I entered my gmail password. In the "port" box, I entered 25. Also, under flood control I changed the "seconds" block to 3 seconds to ensure I received more emailed photos. Sincerely, skmmiranda.