New version of Yawcam

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Alex

New version of Yawcam

Post by Alex »

Hi Malun,

how did U plan to public a new version from the nice yawcam?
Dont stress, but a very faithful customer is interested....

thx Alex
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Hello there Alex!

I have some things ready for the new version, but some other things needs a bit more time before they are ready. :wink:

I have also considered to change the java runtime to from java 1.4 to the new java 1.5 (5.0). My initial tests show that java 5.0 needs a bit more memory but consumse a lot less CPU load. But it will probably result in a larger installation file also... Maybe I'll add an poll here on the forum soon to hear what you users think...

I don't want to say a date for the release of the new version yet. Then I'll only disappoint you when I can't make it in time.

/malun
Alex

New version ?

Post by Alex »

:wink: Hey Malun

do u dont want to come out with a new version of your very useful and cool yawcam?

I think, we all are very interesting about some improvements...

Dont stress, but how do U think about to public often beta-versions for interested users..... Maybe U got more feedback from users
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

do u dont want to come out with a new version of your very useful and cool yawcam?
Ofcourse I want to! ...but it's not finished :wink:
Dont stress, but how do U think about to public often beta-versions for interested users.....
Well, it sounds good. But I don't know how often a beta release will come though... Anyways, I can make the current development version available for download as a beta during the following days. (Remid me if i forget it :wink: )

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Ok, first beta out.
Check out this topic: http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134

/malun