Perplexed...can't access video stream outside of firewall

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
bwritchie49

Perplexed...can't access video stream outside of firewall

Post by bwritchie49 »

Hi -- I'm new here, and although I'm of reasonable intelligence, I simply cannot figure out what else I need to do to see my video stream outside of my firewall.
Yes, I have 'enabled' UPNP within my router/firewall settings.
Yes, I have enabled "Yawcam" through Windows Firewall (running Win7)
When I check the "am I online" -- yes, i'm online. When I click "what's my URL" -- I get the URL's just fine, but I can only see my ugly mug when I click on the link that broadcasts from behind the firewall. Clicking on the other URL (for outside of the firewall) just gives me an error and takes me to a google search page. I have completely turned off my firewall (both through Norton, which manages my firewall, and through Windows7, just in case). So I don't even have a firewall up and I still can't get any image when tring to view outside of the firewall. I've searched the settings, tried everything i'm aware of. Any ideas? My IP doesn't change here. Any suggestions would be helpful.
jb144

Video Streaming outside Home Router

Post by jb144 »

I am having exactly the same problem. I can preview fine within my own system but none of my friends can access the webcam despite the program saying all is fine! Any help gratefully appreciated....
John G0PJU
Thomas Acid

Re: Perplexed...can't access video stream outside of firewal

Post by Thomas Acid »

bwritchie49 wrote: When I click "what's my URL" ... Clicking on the other URL (for outside of the firewall) just gives me an error...
You are misunderstanding the "what is my URL" page:

The first set of urls (http/stream) are intended to be used as a link to your webcam ONLY for conections from outside your network.(your friends house, internet cafes, your office, mobile devices, etc). If you want to test this links yourself, you need to use a Proxy server. visit http://freesslproxy.com/ and in the end of the page, you will find a form entitled "Use the form below to Surf". Test yours "outside" links there.

The second set of urls is intended to be used as a link to your webcam ONLY for connections from the same pc that you already run Yawcam or another pc connected to your lan router. There's no way to use this urls outside your local network.

PS. I suggest freesslproxy.com to test your stream, but you can try another one based in your location: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fr ... f&oq=&aqi=
bwritchie49

Not working quite yet...

Post by bwritchie49 »

Thank You for the advice. When I go to the freesslproxy site, I paste in the URL of the stream (from outside the firewall), I get the yawcam "offline" page -- and another window pops up with a bunch of code, etc ("message from webpage). It's not an IE page, but just a text file or something. However, when I paste the http: URL into the freesslproxysite, I can see just a jpeg of me/mywebcam, and it looks like it changes every minute or so.
That said, I know I'm close -- but what am I doing wrong that is preventing me from seeing the stream via the freesslproxy site? Thanks again!!
Thomas Acid

Proxy

Post by Thomas Acid »

Well... freeproxy works for me... You can try another proxy site, but I think it is not necessary. Http link works fine and stream link send You to "offline page", right? means that your settings are OK (ports/ firewall) and other people probably are able to see your cam. Next step is forget proxy site test and make a test in real environment: send the links to your friends and cross your fingers!
If you really wants to do a test yourself, try the links below:(works for me)

http://sslunblock.com/
http://newipnow.com/
http://roxxo.net/

more...
jb144

Access from Outside the network...

Post by jb144 »

Dear All

Yes FreeProxy works for me too. As does the whole webcam program of Yawcam. What we are saying is that our friends who may be at an Internet Cafe or on the other side of the world....cannot access the webcam when running. Whats the use of a program if other PC's cannot view it? Again any help appreciated.

(It is still a good program & I like it)
Thomas Acid

Exactly same problem?

Post by Thomas Acid »

Hi jb144

I have suggested the use of proxy servers to bwritchie49 (I quoted him) because he ask about the error when he click in the links displayed in "what's my url" page. (more precise, their own public ip adress:port). Not all people knows that links to their own public ip don't work without a proxy server.
Proxy servers are usefull if you need to check your cam published in your home page and all your friends are offline and cannot help you.

At this point your problem is completely different, so you need a different approach to solve it.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

anindeeta wrote:How can I make my firewall allow me to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi with my USB connector? I recently bought a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi connector to use with my Wii, but when I try a connection test on my Wii, it comes up with an error message.
This is out of context, not only for this thread, but also for the whole forum. You should go to the Nintendo support forum for that, they have the knowledge and equipment to help you further.

Thanks,
z3r0c00l12
bben95

Post by bben95 »

The problem could be with the UPNP. For me it sometimes doesen't work. It might help if you were to try forwarding the ports manually on your router. For this, a good site you can use is http://www.portforward.com/
long7time

Post by long7time »

bwritchie49 wrote:Hi -- I'm new here, and although I'm of reasonable intelligence, I simply cannot figure out what else I need to do to see my video stream outside of my firewall.
Yes, I have 'enabled' UPNP within my router/firewall settings.
Yes, I have enabled "Yawcam" through Windows Firewall (running Win7)
When I check the "am I online" -- yes, i'm online. When I click "what's my URL" -- I get the URL's just fine, but I can only see my ugly mug when I click on the link that broadcasts from behind the firewall. Clicking on the other URL (for outside of the firewall) just gives me an error and takes me to a google search page. I have completely turned off my firewall (both through Norton, which manages my firewall, and through Windows7, just in case). So I don't even have a firewall up and I still can't get any image when tring to view outside of the firewall. I've searched the settings, tried everything i'm aware of. Any ideas? My IP doesn't change here. Any suggestions would be helpful.
I am in the same boat as this person who posted this, I can see my webcam when i am behind the router but others external cannot see my stream. I have forwarded the port and tried the proxy server thing but I still cannot see the stream External. At my wits end. Any suggestions??

Another question is my Public IP address which shows in the setting section of the YAwcam supposed to the same IP address of my router?
diela885

hye

Post by diela885 »

i use wifi modem.

did i need a router?

sory i very confuse .
federicov

Post by federicov »

I have the same problem. All works fine, except I can't access the stream from an outside network (from inside with the different link it works).
I am using a smartphone with a data connection (not lan wi-fi). All the necessary tcp and udp ports have been forwarded, upnp is set to on, yawcam console says it mapped the ports correctly, still I can access only the http website from the smartphone not the stream one.

Ideas?
Thanks
federicov

Post by federicov »

Maybe there is some problem with my UDP port-forwarding: in the console it only mentions TCP mapping ok.. :?

[5/8 17:04] Yawcam started
[5/8 17:04] Settings loaded
[5/8 17:04] Lingua: Italiano
[5/8 17:04] File-output started
[5/8 17:04] Http-output started
[5/8 17:04] Stream-output started
[5/8 17:04] UPNP: Found device Jungo Jungo OpenRG Internet Gateway Device OpenRG_IGD
[5/8 17:04] UPNP: Found device Jungo Jungo OpenRG Internet Gateway Device OpenRG_IGD
[5/8 17:04] UPNP: Port 8888/TCP mapped to 192.168.1.6
[5/8 17:05] UPNP: Port 8081/TCP mapped to 192.168.1.6
[5/8 17:19] Stream-output stopped
[5/8 17:19] UPNP: Port 8081/TCP unmapped
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Yawcam only uses TCP. Based on the output, the ports are forwarded properly. Perhaps UPNP is not working properly. Have you tried port forwarding your ports manually?
Thomas Acid

Post by Thomas Acid »

Try to access yawcam stream from another user. Search in google "powered by www.yawcam.com" and find a link like 123.456.789.123:8081
use this source to see if you smartphone are capable to handle yawcam stream. My smartphone (old docomo) can't do it.
by federicov »...
...[5/8 17:04] Stream-output started...

...[5/8 17:19] Stream-output stopped...
stream stopped automatically?