cannot stream or http

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
user12345

cannot stream or http

Post by user12345 »

I have enabled upnp and manually forwarded the ports. When i do the yawcam online check both http and stream say error next to them. I have also had a friend outside my network go to the ip and still nothing. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

Assuming that behind your router (local) the stream and http are vissable.
Assuming that the preview window is displaying OK too,
  • Did you added the configured ports to the exception list of your firewall ?
  • Did you added the java executables to the exception list of your firewall ?
Last edited by tellmewhy on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
user12345

Post by user12345 »

Your assumptions are correct. I also have yawcam in the exceptions list. I can't figure out however to add the configured ports to the exception list or the java executables.
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

How to add "ports" and "executables" to your firewalls exception list, you can find/read here : I hope this will solve your problem.
raysan2n

Post by raysan2n »

user12345
i have different problem please dont mind me using ur thread

ok here

im using riger cooperation db108-wl modem
using No-Ip for dynamic Ips
using simple port forward to forward port

i check am i online
everything looks fine it write there

but when i trying to access is from internet
on Google Chrome / firefox / IE it say

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

so am i missing something?

TCP port 8888 (http)
UDP port 85 (stream)

someone please teach me thank you :o
user12345

Post by user12345 »

i have windows 7. there is no add port option in windows firewall. i've also tried turning off windows firewall. still no go.
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

There is a possibility that the ports you have configured in Yawcam are already in use or blocked by your IS provider.
Can you try to configure other ports ?
I Googled a bit and found this on Microsoft :
Open a port in Windows Firewall

If Windows Firewall is blocking a program and you want to allow that program to communicate through the firewall, you can usually do that by selecting the program in the list of allowed programs (also called the exceptions list) in Windows Firewall. To learn how to do this, see Allow a program to communicate through Windows Firewall.

However, if the program isn't listed, you might need to open a port. For example, to play a multiplayer game with friends online, you might need to open a port for the game so that the firewall allows the game information to reach your computer. A port stays open all the time, so be sure to close ports that you don't need open anymore.
  1. Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type firewall, and then click Windows Firewall.
  2. In the left pane, click Advanced settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. In the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security dialog box, in the left pane, click Inbound Rules, and then, in the right pane, click New Rule.
  4. Follow the instructions in the New Inbound Rule wizard.
user12345

Post by user12345 »

tellmewhy wrote:There is a possibility that the ports you have configured in Yawcam are already in use or blocked by your IS provider.

I have googled A LOT and found nothing. Your idea was no exception.
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

user12345 wrote:
tellmewhy wrote:There is a possibility that the ports you have configured in Yawcam are already in use or blocked by your IS provider.

I have googled A LOT and found nothing. Your idea was no exception.
I'm sorry i tried to Help you out.
It will NOT hapen again.
raysan2n

Post by raysan2n »

can someone help me about my problem im facing?
bruceice2002

I think its java

Post by bruceice2002 »

I messed around after having the same problem and I realized that it might be a Firewall issue with Java. Sometimes yawcam will not add the java exception in the windows firewall. So, you have to check the exception. I compared to another computer and there are 2 locations for the java .exes. 1 is in Windows\system32 and the other is in Program Files. I dont know if these are different but I tried adding them to the exceptions (java.exe, javaw.exe and javaws.exe).

Now on the online test, my stream shows up as OK but I havent had the chance to test it outside my network.
tellmewhy

Re: I think its java

Post by tellmewhy »

bruceice2002 wrote:I messed around after having the same problem and I realized that it might be a Firewall issue with Java. Sometimes yawcam will not add the java exception in the windows firewall. So, you have to check the exception. I compared to another computer and there are 2 locations for the java .exes. 1 is in Windows\system32 and the other is in Program Files. I dont know if these are different but I tried adding them to the exceptions (java.exe, javaw.exe and javaws.exe).

Now on the online test, my stream shows up as OK but I havent had the chance to test it outside my network.
See my first reply in this thread.
bruceice2002

Spoke too soon

Post by bruceice2002 »

Apparently, it wasnt my java because I am still having the same problem. I tried adding exceptions and tweaking some settings but nothing works. Any ideas? This is something that has worked both ways before! I cant think of why it is not working now.