This is a blind-shot but you should try turning off your firewall for a couple of minutes and test the gadget.
- what browser are you using to get the "It's a webcam" page?
- have you tried using Internet Explorer?
- can you put the exact values you entered on the options page?
Question 1 & 2 :
I use internet explorer version 07, I always have been using internet explorer as browser.
Question 3 :
I have been only trying on local network.
Yawcam running on two different desktops.
As values, i have been using,
- URL : 192.1568.1.2 (When Yawcam was running on my Vista installed computer) and 192.168.1.8 (When Yawcam was running on my WindowsXP installed computer)
- Port :Portsettings for Http for both computers.
The portnumber configured is/was 8888.
- Interval in seconds : Mostly i tried with 2.
I do think my firewall is correctly configured.
As i have, on both computers, OK for Http and stream when i push the "Am i online?" button.
On the local network i can access the Yawcam webpage for both, streaming and Http, without problems.
Turn off my firewall ? I'm going to think about it.