can you check to see if this worked

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
buntay

can you check to see if this worked

Post by buntay »

Hi all,
I was wondering if some body can check to see if I am on. Here is the address http://baunet.mine.nu:2433
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Nope, doesn't work.
What does the online check say?

/malun
buntay

Post by buntay »

how about now
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Still not working...
buntay

Post by buntay »

thanks to all who checked. found the problem, it lies with my isp. public ip address isnt seen by router, it just sees my wireless modems address. Have to deside if i want to spring another $10.00 for a static ip address. Its annoying that they have to charge you for everything.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

You should be able to do it with only your dynamic ip address which you can get by visiting any "whatismyip" website, if you set up your port forwarding properly it should work fine by ip:port. I fyou want it to work with the domain name, you'll have to update the domain name's IP everytime it changes, or you can get a no-ip DUC to do it for you...
bben95

Post by bben95 »

I advise you to take a look at the "Dynamic IP solution" sticky
buntay

Post by buntay »

tried that, registerd at dyndns.org. cant get the router to play. router points the the modem which is pointed to isp and isp wont give out my public ip to the modem. I was told by my isp that this is for my safety as a subscriber secruity benefit. when ever I try to update ip on dyndns useing ipchicken to get public address, router kicks it out and sends the ip address of my modem. cant port forward if dyndns cant get past my isp.

Thanks anyway for the help but will probably continue to use direct connection dialup, slow but gets the job done.