Can't find Yawcam???

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Bruce55

Can't find Yawcam???

Post by Bruce55 »

I installed Yawcam version 0.2.4 and changed some settings to configure it how I wanted. Exited and then restarted. I checked to show icon in system tray and show the splash screen.

The spash screen displayed, the cam took a pic and uploaded it via FTP no problems. Went to look for the tray icon and it's not there. So I cannot open Yawcam to change any settings or exit the program.

Only way to terminate is to bring up Task Manager and kill the process.

Running on a WinXP box with SP1. Any ideas how to get the program to come up to change the settings would be appreciated.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

This was strange...
To get yawcam visible again. Open your yawcam directory (i.e. c:\program files\yawcam) and delete the the settings file: yawcam_settings.xml

Now start Yawcam again.
You will probably get en error message when yawcam loads the language file. And after that a file choose dialog where you can choose a new language file will appear. Browse to Yawcam's language directory (i.e. c:\program files\yawcam\lang) and choose the file yawcam_lang_english_0.2.4a.xml

Now, when Yawcam starts Open the settings again and change the settings before pressing the ok button.

Now you should have gotten a new settings file.

I don't know why your computer doesn't like Yawcam in the traybar, but give it another try and see if works again?

/malun
Bruce55

Post by Bruce55 »

I did as you suggested but it still will not startup in the system tray. And I set it so bring up the preview window at startup and that didn't work either.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Ok, but if you don't use the setting "hide at startup" and just click "view -> hide now" , will yawcam still disappear and not show up in the traybar?

If you manually click "window -> Preview", are you then able to see the preview window?

/malun
Bruce55

Post by Bruce55 »

Thanks for the reply. I did get it working on another machine.
Chris

Post by Chris »

May relate to a problem I found. When you install by extracting with folder names the logs folder is not created (does not exist - probably empty when the zip was created)

If logging is on then you get similar reults to those described above, I created the folder and now OK.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Chris> Which version did not include the log directory? The latest beta (yawcam_beta_2004-12-29.zip)?

...checking...

Nope, it didn't! But now it does :wink:
probably empty when the zip was created
You are so right!

I'm not sure if this is related to the problem above... I'm too tired to think it out right now :wink: But it might be so...

Anyway, Thanks Chris!

/malun