2 diffrent port mappings

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
dampy

2 diffrent port mappings

Post by dampy »

I have an IP camera (works fine) working with a builtin server, i forwarded my default IPadress to the ipadress with port on this builtin server from the camera.
But when I use another webcam (USB), which run on another intern ipadress with new port, the same default IPadress (which i use for the other camera) conflicts with my IPcamera. How can I use another ipadress for this??
greetings
Jii

Post by Jii »

I have an IP camera (works fine) working with a builtin server, i forwarded my default IPadress to the ipadress with port on this builtin server from the camera.
But when I use another webcam (USB), which run on another intern ipadress with new port, the same default IPadress (which i use for the other camera) conflicts with my IPcamera. How can I use another ipadress for this?? ]
I have an IP-camera and a webcam both in use at the same time, and they work without problems.

Your problem sounds like a port overlapping issue. Please check that the IP-camera and the webcam do not share any internal addresses or port numbers.

If you route the IP-address translation through Windows 2000/XP Internet Connection Sharing or your router, you can assign different internal IP addresses and port numbers for your cameras. That way, you can watch your cameras using the same external IP address, but with a different port number, like:

http://ownsite.address.host.com:10240 for the IP-camera and
http://ownsite.address.host.com:10241 for the webcam.

The Win2000/XP ICS (or your router) does NAT automatically and point the packets to their correct destinations.

Hope this helps.
dampy

2 diffrent port mappings

Post by dampy »

to explain what my situation is:

IP cam: xx.x.x.150:80 >> ext. ipadres to go for visitors: 145.xx.xx.xx

USB : xx.x.x.151:8081 >> same ipadres 145.xx.xx.xx

Because the visitor must always use this ext.ipadress 145.... it conflicts because it doesnt know (according to me) where to forward to??

Watching the cameras using the same external IP address, but with a different port number doesnt work. (the ipcamera stream become gray for the visitor)

So you see i use 2 different internal ipadresses with 2 different portnumbers.
I hope I explained it well to you?

gr.
dampy

2 diffrent port mappings

Post by dampy »

I test everything on a laptop that is not on my network.

When one takes: 145.xx.xx.xx you go to the ipcam, but when you take: 145.xx.x.xx:8081 to go to the usbcam it doesn't work either.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Do you have a router connected "closest" to Internet and all other computer behind it?

Perhaps you have forgotten to enable advanced settings in the stream settings (settings -> edit settings -> stream) and to "force your public ip"?
If you are behind a router, you have to fill in your external address there. (in your case, the 145.xx.xx.xx)

You also have to forward the port numbers on your router to the correct internal address.

If you already have done this... well, then something is strange.

/malun
dampy

2 different port mappings

Post by dampy »

Yes i did everthing correct. And the IP camera works fine on his own.
Yes i am behind a router.
But the problem is that public number which i enabled in the advanced settings in the stream settings (145....) will not point at the correct internal ipadress although i made the right configurations in my virtual server?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

So in other words... Right now you only get an error 404? The pages don't show up?

/malun
dampy

mapping

Post by dampy »

yes, when you want to go to the usb it says server not found and then i have to reset my ipcam configurations again
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

It sounds like there is some problem with the port forwarding in the router...

Another question: Have you changed the port number in the yawcam stream settings so it matches the forwarded port?
Hmm... I see from your example above that you use the default port number.... so the last question may be irrelevant.

But another idea... Some ISP's block specific portnumbers. Perhaps it will go better if you try to run yawcam on a diffrent port than 8081.

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

dampy, please send me a mail: malun@yawcam.com

/malun
dampy

mapping

Post by dampy »

Before i try this (because otherwise i can configure everything all over again); i want to know: are you sure that i can use the same external adress for both cams? Because this is a default adress and in the virtual server i can only configure 1 default adress. If I understand you correct when people take 145.xxxxx they can go to the ipcam and when they take 145.xx.xx.xx:3700 (portexample) they go to the usbcam?

gr.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Yes, I'm sure that it should be able to run on the same external address with different ports.
Right now the stream is disabled in your yawcam right? Please enable it...

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

You see, I took me the liberty to check your public ip in my webservers log file. And I was able to connect to your ipcam, and also to connect to your usb cam. But it looks like the stream in yawcam is disabled, because i get yawcams own error 404 message...

/malun
dampy

Post by dampy »

yes it is correct that the stream is disabled because i want the ipcam to work and everytime i put the stream on it stops working. this afternoon i am going to try a different port.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Perhaps it's just the loopback error... On many routers you will not be able to connect to your public address if the port is forwarded and you are inside the local network. When you are inside your local network then try to connect directly to your local address instead.

Have you tried to connect to your cams from the outside? Because it looks like it is going to work from the outside right now (if you also enable the stream in yawcam).

/malun