can't find YawApplet_s.jar !

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
dampy

can't find YawApplet_s.jar !

Post by dampy »

Hello can anyone tell me where the YawApplet_s.jar is?
I can not find it??
Jii

Post by Jii »

Hello can anyone tell me where the YawApplet_s.jar is?
I can not find it??
It is usually found in
C:\Program Files\Yawcam\stream -directory, provided that drive C: is where you installed it. If not, just change the drive letter to the one where you installed Yawcam.

If you can't find it there, installation may have failed at some point, in which re-installation of Yawcam is necessary.
dampy

YawApplet_s.jar is?

Post by dampy »

i re-installed everything on another comuter, but it isn't there either??
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

The file YawApplet_s.jar is not included in Yawcam version 0.2.4! I decided not to make the signed applet anymore. Instead look at the readme.txt and own_server_example.html located in yawcams stream directory (i.e. c:\program files\yawcam\stream).

What you will have to do in to include the CODEBASE instruction in the HTML. So on the webpage (on your separate webserver) the code for the applet should look something like this:

Code: Select all

<APPLET CODE=YawApplet.class CODEBASE="_Address_to_computer_where_you_run_Yawcam_:8081" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="240">
      <param name="Host" value="_Address_to_computer_where_you_run_Yawcam_">
      <param name="Port" value="8081">
</APPLET>
(If you use 8081 as your port number, and the size 320x240.)
You also have to change the "_Address_to_computer_where_you_run_Yawcam_" into a real value.

/malun
Jii

Post by Jii »

The file YawApplet_s.jar is not included in Yawcam version 0.2.4! I decided not to make the signed applet anymore.
Oh... Sorry, my mistake. :shock:

In that case it's a leftover from the 0.2.3 build (I just upgraded the version).

Another useful information for me. Thanks, Malun. :)
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Jii wrote:Oh... Sorry, my mistake. :shock:
No need to be sorry! It's always good to have someone trying to help other in the forum :D

/malun