Cobalt Qube 3 ...

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Håkan

Post by Håkan »

malun wrote:But I can't figure out why it doesn't work with index.html
Actually the html code in index.html should look like the code in local2.html right now, does it? /malun
Sorry. I the middle of writing a respond, I hade a powerfailure, two times :cry:

Well, aboute the files. In local it says:

Code: Select all

<param name="Host" value="192.168.0.3">
and in local2 it says:

<param name="Host" value="217.209.88.16"> 
EDIT: PowerFailure AGAIN because of the wind! :cry:
Well, and in the index it says....

<param name="Host" value="www.r129.info"> 

What should it be? I think it should say www.r129.info in the local file. Should it not?[/b]

/Håkan
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Yes, we (you) edited the local2.html so it now looks like index.html does. If you want you can rename local2.html to anything you want. This file is not meant to be used when you watch locally.

You have to keep local.html as it is. This is the file you use when you are watching your self when you are inside your local network.

Can you copy the html code in you index.html and past it here?

Also make a copy of your local2.html and save rename the copy webcam.html
Then edit webcam.html. Change the line:

<param name="Host" value="217.209.88.16">
to:

<param name="Host" value="www.r129.info">
Then I'll test if I can see you on http://www.r129.info:8081/webcam.html

/malun
Håkan

Post by Håkan »

malun wrote:Then I'll test if I can see you on http://www.r129.info:8081/webcam.html /malun
Ok, We test that tomorrow, if you have the time. Clock is running and my 192.168.0.3 machine ist down because of the wind and powerfailure. This portable is running on batterys :wink:

Have a god night and you hear from me tomorrow. Thanx for our help, and godnight to you!

/Håkan
Håkan

Post by Håkan »

malun wrote:On the other hand it works just fine for my frieds to watch on the url: http://www.domain.com:8081/ ....
Still confused... Why cant I se the stream when I adress www.r129.info:8081 and I´m sitting on my own network? Has it to do with the configuration or something with the program? I´m lika a blind man if I can´t see what the users see. Ok, I can use the local.html, but that is´t the same.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Håkan wrote:Why cant I se the stream when I adress www.r129.info:8081 and I´m sitting on my own network?
Well, I'm not sure... But I think this is the way port redirection work. At least I've read something about it in some router manuals.
So it doesn't have to do with Yawcam. It should be the same for all applications.
Håkan wrote:Ok, I can use the local.html, but that is´t the same.
If you connect to http://192.168.0.3:8081/local.html You will see exactly what other users will see, but you will get some more frames per second.

Right now http://www.r129.info:8081/ works fine for me. I can see your kitchen reflected in the window :wink:

/malun
Håkan

Post by Håkan »

malun wrote:Well, I'm not sure... But I think this is the way port redirection work. At least I've read something about it in some router manuals. So it doesn't have to do with Yawcam. It should be the same for all applications. /malun
Right. I don´t think that the problem is with Yawcam. When I first started my site, I did´t run it on Linux-machine. I run it on a PC, and when I put links (to pictures) on my site, on phpBBs, I could´t see them myself local. On machines outside my LAN, it looked ok! When I switched to Cobalt, it handles the Internet and LAN better because it has 2 network cards.

Perhaps it´s same type of problem here? :? Somehow I should be able to put one machine outside the LAN, so I can see what users see, without using local.

Well, nice program, and I test it a couple of weeks. After that I donate som mony to you. If you fix the Internet/LAN thing, I perhaps donate more :wink:

Thanx again for you fast and accurate answers.
Cheers! /Håkan
Håkan

Post by Håkan »

Hallo, I just logged in to tell you that I now have integrated the camveiw in my webbpage. I have a picture thats updates every minutes, and if you click that picture, the webcam opens in a new window. Nice! :lol:

By the way. I have ADSL so the server is running on that. To see my own webcab from the "outside" using r129.info:8081 I run the second computer via modem with Telia, on the same line. So now I see what you see, without using local :wink:

Anoter tip is .... if you click Hjälp -> Besök hemsida so opens the site in a existing window. Don´t do that. Open it in a new window instead. I may have som importent stuff in the existing window.

Keep up the good work!
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Håkan wrote:... I now have integrated the camveiw in my webbpage.
Looks nice :D

Håkan wrote:Open it in a new window instead. I may have som importent stuff in the existing window.
I agree. I hate "loosing" a webpage when something is stealing my browser... I'll see what I can do.

/malun
Håkan

Post by Håkan »

Any plans of writing the program for Linux, and if you have... writing it for Linux without the grafic enviroment?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

If I write a linux version, it will be a nongraphical... I think :wink:
But the linux version will have to wait for some time. Right now I don't have a linux computer to test with or the time to do it.

Several people have asked me about a linux version so I know there is an interest in it, but I think I have to fix some more in the windows version before I start to work on a "new" version.

/malun
Håkan

Post by Håkan »

My Cobalt is non-grafic. Just a little display to adjust the network. I use Explorer to comunicate with it. Ok, I wait on your Linux version. Mean time I use the Windows version :wink:

Are you enjoying my camera, or are you just testing. Now online with Gothenburg for 3:33:50 :D
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Håkan wrote:Are you enjoying my camera, or are you just testing. Now online with Gothenburg for 3:33:50 :D
I'm a webcam addict :wink:

/malun