Confused and Frustrated

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
long7time

Confused and Frustrated

Post by long7time »

I saw where this was posted once before in 2010 but no answer was provided so I am posting again

I simply cannot figure out what else I need to do to see my video stream outside of my firewall.

Yes, I have 'enabled' UPNP within my router settings but for some reason I get the following message on the console UPNP : could not find any UPNP devices not sure why on this.

Yes, I have enabled "Yawcam" through Windows Firewall (running Win7)

When I check the "am I online" -- I get error on both the HTTP and stream address.

When I click "what's my URL" -- I get the URL's just fine but the IP address is very differnt from the IP address of my router, example my router IP address starts as 192.xxx.x.x but the other IP Address I get if I use search for my IP address is 99.66.xx.x my Belkin router will not allow me to enter in any other IP address then what it has 192.xxx.x.x all i can do is enter in the very last number

I have tried to set the Pubilc IP address in the yawcam setting to my router address and that did not work either.

I have manually set the ports in the router as well.

I can only see my stream when I click on the link that broadcasts from behind the firewall. Clicking on the other URL (for outside of the firewall) just gives me an error and takes me to a google search page.

I have completely turned off my router firewall (but not my Windows7, just in case).

I have used the port forwarding program to forward my ports 8081 & 8888

I've searched the settings, tried everything i'm aware of. Any ideas? My IP doesn't change here. Any suggestions would be helpful.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

UPNP is very glitchy, I always recommend port forwarding manually, which I seem to understand you also did. Double-check your port forwarding, make sure it points the right ports, tcp and to your pc's IP address. You can find a port checker on portforward.com which will help you determine if you have done this correctly.
TelcoDude

Re: Confused and Frustrated

Post by TelcoDude »

long7time wrote:I saw where this was posted once before in 2010 but no answer was provided so I am posting again
I had a problem similar to yours often. I also run Win7.

Turned out my Comcast modem was causing most of my headaches. However, I can relate to your issues.

Verify your PC's IP address by going to Start and in the 'search files and programs' type CMD.EXE ... in that window, type 'IPCONFIG'. The line that says 'IPV4 Address' is your PC's IP Address, I.E. 192.XXX.XXX.XXX ...

Now in your Belkin router, make sure ports 8081 TCP (Stream) and 8888 TCP (HTTP) are 'Port Forwarded' to that IP Address you found above. UPnP is 'Enabled', as well. In my old LinkSys router, I had to reboot it constantly to re-enable UPnP - it would almost daily drop the UPnP routing - This I blame on the Comcast modem. It's never happened again since ditching Comcast.

MAYBE the enabled UPnP and the hard-coded port-forwarding are conflicting. I dunno.

If all this is correct, then I would check to make sure those SPECIFIC PORTS are allowed through your firewall. YawCam as a program may be allowed, but those ports might not be. Go figger.

Also, make sure the LAN is set to 'HOME NETWORK'. Once I found my network set as 'PUBLIC NETWORK' and nothing would work. How it got reset I'm unsure, but I did change DSL providers so it might have gotten changed then.

Now, from OUTSIDE your home network, to access the stream, be sure you're using the OUTSIDE IP ADDRESS (in your case 99.66.XXX.XXX) and add the port to it, I.E. 99.66.XXX.XXX:8081 for the stream)

Using a dynamic DNS service (dyndsn.org) is kinda wiggy, but once used and configured correctly, is bulletproof. Just get it working with the direct IP Address first before trying the dynamic DNS route.

Hang in there - I'm betting it's something fundamental. Also, don't get bitter towards YawCam. I have tried MANY times to leave YawCam for other software, only to return because no other software does everything YawCam does as easily and FREE, to boot.

If we all DONATE, maybe Malun will rededicate more time to YawCam and it'll get even better than it is. I'm a happy user.

Please feel free to correct me, I'm used to it.

Mike
omoboy

RE:I saw where this was posted once before in 2010 but no...

Post by omoboy »

I like your reply to the problem. I have a similar problem. I portforwarded the ports 8888 and 8081 for both TCP and UDP. All other features were enabled in Yawcam. When I checked using Am I online, the result is that the port 8888 gave ERROR while port 8081 was OK

I therefore cant see my yawcam from a public computer (another computer)

What is the firewall you talk about. Can this be the problem that i have? Help on how to disable it from Windows XP and even Yawcam.

Thank you