how many webcams can be connected to yawcam

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
omoboy

how many webcams can be connected to yawcam

Post by omoboy »

can i connect more than one webcam to my yawcam
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

No, but you can run more than one Yawcam.
omoboy

Post by omoboy »

Thank you for your help. Please explain how i can do this from the same laptop. You have been very helpful.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

The information is right here.
omoboy

CONNECTING A SECOND WEBCAM

Post by omoboy »

I have connected one webcam (Logitech)to one of my labtops and using my home wifi for internet connection. How can I connect a second a second webcam to my second laptop which is also using the same wifi in my home. I tried but it looks like its the same public IP and any portforwarding done affects the first setting in the first laptop.

I am a newbie so please explain in simple method on what to do. My operating system is Windows 7
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

When you set the ports on your second laptop, increment the port numbeer by 1, so if you were using 8888, use 8889 for your second one, then when you port forward on your router, you will be able to point 8889 to your second laptop.

Repeat for every port you have stream,http configured for yawcam on the second laptop.
omoboy

Post by omoboy »

Thank you. I connected the second webcam on the second laptop. I increased the port number and and did the same for the http and stream and then forwarded the ports using portforwarding. When I checked if i was online, everything is ok for the second laptop. But the first laptop now shows that i am no longer online and so cannot be seen on the public computer. I notice that when i portforward any of the ports from any of the laptops, one will work and the other will not even though the ports forwarded are not the same. Iam connected to the same router.
Please help as always. I thank you so much.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

are you sure you are putting the right Ip address to port forward to, the ip address should be different from one another, you'll have one pointing to your first laptop's IP address, and the second to the second laptop's IP address.
omoboy

Post by omoboy »

Thank you very very very much. I have succeeded in getting my two webcams working. I initially failed to get the IP to be different as my IP was in dynamic instead of static.

Both are working well now and i am so delighted and very grateful to you my friend.

omoboy