Cant Stream over internet ? Solved

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
jcw265

Cant Stream over internet ? Solved

Post by jcw265 »

Hey Everyone:

I have installed Yawcam and can see my USB cam fine on my local Net. However I can not view it over the internet, I do have ports fwd per all posts, software does detect my cam, ( proven since i see it on my local) I have a Linksys router wrtg54s and running win XP pro, I have done a verify on firewall both jave and yawcam are allowed, I have even unhooked my router and tried direct off cable modem ( 30mb) yeah its fast :) I did change ip ( im dynamic ) again cam was found could view on local but not over internet, ?? im so confused any help would be very much appreciated !!
Last edited by jcw265 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
memoric

Post by memoric »

You should ask someone outside your LAN to check it for you, as you can't
view it yourself at http://yourexternalip:8081. It's like you are trying to
call yourself on the phone. :wink: (Or you can try viewing it through a proxy...)
jcw265

Post by jcw265 »

I tried to access it from a droid app IP Camera on a 3g connection , comes upcould not connect to given hostname/IP or port, I will ask some one to try and connect to it outside my Lan, and will report back, thanks for the help and if you can think of anything else i should do or try please let me know
memoric

Post by memoric »

I don't know about the android app. I have tested 4-5 of them & only one
worked for me. But still, it wasn't displaying my stream properly so eventually
I had to built my own one. For now, until you are sure that your stream works,
you better test it with computer's browser to be sure.
Another thought is to allow access to "javaw.exe" too, as this is the process.
Also recheck your port forwarding table, sometimes it's just a small mistake
that goes unnoticed & causes all the trouble. What rules have you set? For
example, is it like: TCP traffic from Public Port 8081 to -> 192.168.1.2 Port 8081?
(Btw, what is yawcam's console saying when you activate the stream?)
Finally, keep in mind that some routers (like mine :() reassign the LAN IPs to
different machines after reboot. So, if I forward "8081" to my computer which
has the IP "192.168.1.2", after router's reboot that IP might have been assigned
to my mobile! :? (Although I doubt that this is the case for you, just saying.)
jcw265

Post by jcw265 »

Well I viewed over the android app using wifi and my local ip and port the app worked great, I am sure my issue is i just dont have something set right to get in from the internet, I have port 8888 set TCP and 8081 using both TCP UDP my public IP is displayed on Yawcam ? I do have java allowed in firewall , I am unsure about the dynds services , Im willing to change my ip from time to time due to DHCP mine does not change often,I just dont have something set right im just not sure what, I tried canyouseeme.org for port checks and they can NOT see me ?? HELPPP ohh and thanks again for your time
jcw265

Post by jcw265 »

Hey everyone reporting back as promised, I found my issue to be something easy I overlooked, My cable modem was set up also as a router from the cable company, I called them and rest the NAPT on the modem and turned off the DHCP server and Bingo I can now stream over the internet, I am running 3 cameras now from 3 different computers in my house as well as using the IP camera app for my droid,

Note if you want to run multiple cams on your network you must change your ports up one as in 8888 goto 8889 etc... same as 8081 move to 8082 etc.. make sure you change the ports on your yawcam settings as well, very happy that everything works ! YOU CAN NOT have to routers hooked up and connect from outside your LAN and most cable modems now are also routers so you MUST dummy them out or you will chase your tail like i did on this for weeks,

Also I am not using the DNS service since i do have DHCP i will change them myself as they roll over, but I am lucky my IPs dont change very often, so questions let me know, thanks for the feed back and I love my IP cams !!