Problem with motion recording

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
KleinerKoenig

Problem with motion recording

Post by KleinerKoenig »

Hi folks,

first I appreciate the whole lot of work you put in the tool. Thank you.

Unfortenately I cant get the logic behind motion capturing. My goal is to save one image per second when there is motion.

I tried to activate image array and write lets say 1 images per 1000 ms. It works as long the motion events lasts just a second. But when a motion event lasts 10 seconds, I just get one picture.

If I adjust to lets say 10 images per 1000 ms I get the same problem when a motion event last longer then 10 seconds, because it stops after 10 images.

Do you get me? How to set it up to record one image per second as long as there is motion detected?

Regards, KK
memoric

Post by memoric »

In the "Motion Detection" window, go to "Actions" tab & click the button "Settings"
next to "Save file". That brings up the window "File settings". There you can adjust
(or even deactivate) the "Flood control" to suit your needs. AFAIK that has to do
with what you are asking, i.e. to keep saving files for as long as yawcam detects
motion.
kbezold

Same question

Post by kbezold »

I have exactly the same question.

The "Flood Control" only restricts the capture more.

What we are looking for is a way to continue capturing images as long as there is motion. It currently seems like an image is only captured when motion starts. Then motion has to stop and start again before the next image is captured.

I'm not looking to capture an array of images from a given start point and I'm not looking to restrict the capture of new images by using the flood control. I want to capture an image every second as long as motion is detected (as long as the horizontal bar is red (not green).

Thanks
memoric

Post by memoric »

It's the image array that restricts the image capturing, not flood control. Flood
control disables the motion detector for the given amount of time. At least that's
how I perceive their purpose (& they seem to work the way I want). For as long
as there is motion, I keep getting images.
I have set it to get 10 images with 1000ms interval, with flood control disabled.
What are your settings?
kbezold

Post by kbezold »

I've tried many different combinations of settings, but it seems that the action of capturing an image is only triggered when there is a change from "no motion" to "motion". If there is continuous motion, then additional images are not captured.

For example, open the Motion Detection window and watch the top horizontal bar below the motion preview window. When motion is below the tolerance threshold, the bar is green. when motion is above the tolerance threshold, the bar is red. Set Image Array to 2 images at 1000 ms and deactivate Flood Control. With these settings, I would expect to get 2 images at one second apart as soon as motion is detected. If the motion continues longer than two seconds, I would expect to get another two images one second apart and so on until the motion stops.

That is not what happens. I get two images one second apart, but then I don't get any additional images until the motion stops and restarts. The top horizontal bar has to go back to green and then to red again before the next images are captured.

Try continuously waving your hand in front of the camera. Notice that images will not continue to be captured until you stop moving your hand and then restart moving your hand.
memoric

Post by memoric »

Hm, you are right. I've never noticed that before since I don't have the need
for capturing constant motion.