Yawcam Viewer

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
rjk

Yawcam Viewer

Post by rjk »

Hi all. I enjoy the Yawcam software and use it as a monitoring tool for our new puppy while we are at work.

I wrote a simple visual basic application for my fiancee that allows her to monitor the puppy from an application that hides to the tray and can be raised on click which is a bit more convenient than using the browser since she can easily control different aspects of the stream via some controls (quality/fps).

I am now working on a project that will allow you to easily view your MJPEG stream. I have the project "alpha" stage screenshots on my blog. I think this would actually work well for other MJPEG streaming systems and not just Yawcam but this is being geared more toward Yawcam at this time.

The basic streaming is working and the only thing I need to implement is authentication which shouldn't be too hard. I'm using Aforge's Video controls to help with MJPEG streaming since I didn't write it from scratch in VB sio there are some required DLLs along with the application.

If there is much interest in this viewer, please let me know. I'll gladly take ideas and try to implement them into the viewer. When I have a completely working (beta) version I can post here so you may see/test and give feedback.

Thanks for the awesome Yawcam software. =)

EDIT: I have done some major work on the software the past few days to get it nearly ready for testing. I just need to finish the authentication portion and then testing can begin publicly. Here are updated screenshots.

http://www.techish.net/technology/windo ... am-viewer/

Last edited by rjk on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
memoric

Post by memoric »

Looks interesting & promising!
Question: Does it stop capturing the streaming when it's minimized? Or will
the broadcaster see "1 connected" all the time since the connection has been
made?
rjk

Post by rjk »

memoric wrote:Looks interesting & promising!
Question: Does it stop capturing the streaming when it's minimized? Or will
the broadcaster see "1 connected" all the time since the connection has been
made?
It doesn't stop capture when minimized so the broadcaster would see 1 connected.

That is an idea though to reduce FPS/Quality when minimized to lower the impact of the data throughput. When maximized, it would regain original stream settings (size/fps/quality). I'll think about that as a potential option.
rowdyplace

Post by rowdyplace »

This looks interesting. Is there a direct link to download?
I do not allow anything like :"Clicking this Download button starts InstallIQ™"... on my machines.
Thanks.
rjk

Post by rjk »

rowdyplace wrote:This looks interesting. Is there a direct link to download?
I do not allow anything like :"Clicking this Download button starts InstallIQ™"... on my machines.
Thanks.
I don't have a publicly available download available right now. When I do get the program to a 'beta' stage, I will update this thread. I might be able to get to that point sometime this week.