Website live Cam

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
capcosta

Website live Cam

Post by capcosta »

Hi !!!

I own an Online Radio and it is my wish to stream a live video Cam. now it is a home made radio as many others, all the website was home made and setup within a shoutcast radio server Service and a web server for the website...everything is going well and i saw Yawcam ...that i think it will suit the need for the webcam video Streaming of the home made radio studio.

Now from what i understand (I have not yet Downloaded nor instaled ) the Program.....it also acts as a seerver or uploads the streaming on to my website server provider...???

i Saw one other Post that i tought it would interest me as it refers to Yawcam as doing the FTP Uploading to the Clients Server ...Where he hosted his website and displayed the lasted Photos.
As sugested in that Post by one of the moderators I could do just that (This meaning that i could set-up a webcam with Yawcam and it would FTP the latest Picture).....How do i go on doing This ????

Also when the Studio is Shut down for the Night and on "Automatic DJ" i Would like to have my Website showing a Graphic picture (Setup ) for that time until i Switch on Yawcam again during the day (When Yawcam starts FTP to the Website server again).

I don´t know if i made myself clear and understandble ......what i know is that i do need help on the subject....

Is it possible ?????
memoric

Post by memoric »

So, if I got it right, you want to upload an image through FTP every xx seconds,
where every new image will replace the older one. & the second part is to have
a webpage that will display that image while the station is up, or a "static"
image (like a logo or something) when the station is off air.
As for the 1st part, yawcam is what you need! ;) Although I would choose the
streaming instead of the FTP. For the second part you need only a little piece of
server-side code that will do the job easily.
capcosta

Server Side Code Needed

Post by capcosta »

Hello Memoric !!!

Yes if Streaming is not so heavy , i would also prefer it ....!!!
As for the Scripting Code on the server side....can you help me on that ???
memoric

Post by memoric »

I don't think streaming is going to be a problem, each image it streams is only
a few kBs. But you can test it of course & you can always switch it back to FTP.
As for the code, I'm sending you a PM...
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Actually, for the server side code, you won't need that.

Yawcam has an "Offline Image" function in the settings. This function allows you to put an image as default when you are offline. You can also set the scheduler in Yawcam to turn off FTP after certain hours which automatically jumps to the offline image.
memoric

Post by memoric »

I thought of the scheduler too, but even if the FTP is turned off by it, won't his
page still display the image that has been previously uploaded? (I thought that
the offline image applies only to stream btw.)
Also, isn't the offline image visible only to those who were watching the stream
when it went offline? I mean, if someone visits his page after he has gone offline,
won't that visitor get a timeout error instead of the offline image?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

The offline image has the option "Upload offline image when closing".

Also the Offline image applies only to FTP and file. The stream would be completely offline and would require a server side script, whereas FTP wouldn't. So the stream would get a timeout, but if offline image is enabled, FTP would upload an offline image as it's last action.

http://www.yawcam.com/help/help_set_offlineimage.php

http://www.yawcam.com/help/help_set_scheduler.php