FTP upload problem

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
ollieh

FTP upload problem

Post by ollieh »

I am a member of an internet radio station who have just started using Yawcam, and each member has been given instructions on how to use the FTP upload to use the station's server.

For some reason, it's not letting me do it. I'm using the same details as everyone else on the FTP settings screen but it just won't appear on the stations website. they have said they can't help any further as the fauly must lie with my computer as it works for other people, and it must be a security issue at my end. I'm running windows vista.

Any suggestions?
memoric

Post by memoric »

Can't give any suggestions if you don't give any details. Like, what exactly
are you trying to do, what error messages do you get at yawcam's console
etc.
ollieh

Post by ollieh »

I'm trying to use the FTP upload function in Yawcam to make my webcam appear on a website. I'm assured that all my my FTP details are correct, and Yawcam itself is working perfectly well, it just isn't appearing on the site where it chould be, as if it isn't reaching the server it should be. It works perfectly well on other people's computers so I just need some tips on why this might not be working and how to fix it.

there are no error message because as far as Yawcam's concerned it's doing what it needs to, there's just nothing happening on the 'other end' as it were.
memoric

Post by memoric »

It sounds like there is something wrong with the way you are trying to show
the image on your page. Are you sure that you have set the page to display
the right image? (& how do you make that setting? Can you edit the page's
code or do you set image's location somewhere else?) Also, have you set
yawcam to FTP the taken image with a "fixed" name (like "image.jpg") rather
than an array (like "image{num}.jpg")?
Btw, can you confirm that the image is where it's supposed to be? Visit its
location with your browser or an FTP client to make sure that yawcam actually
uploads an image.
Finally, maybe it's a "permissions" thing. In yawcam>settings>ftp>advanced
ftp settings
enable chmod file & set it to 755.
jxoco

FTPing

Post by jxoco »

[quote="ollieh"]I'm trying to use the FTP upload function in Yawcam to make my webcam appear on a website. I'm assured that all my my FTP details are correct, and Yawcam itself is working perfectly well, it just isn't appearing on the site where it chould be, as if it isn't reaching the server it should be. It works perfectly well on other people's computers so I just need some tips on why this might not be working and how to fix it.

there are no error message because as far as Yawcam's concerned it's doing what it needs to, there's just nothing happening on the 'other end' as it were.[/quote]

Ollieh, this was my experience in windows 7. It sounds like the problem you are having. Maybe it will work for you or maybe there is an Vista equivalent. let me know if it helps.

======================
The fun came when I tried to install Yawcam on a new netbook running windows 7 ultimate. The FTP wouldn't work and I tried everything I could think of. On the ftp transfer it was giving me an, Access denied, permissions error. After lots of digging through the internet I found this fix;
open a CMD box in administrator mode;
Start>in the search box type, cmd
when the CMD black box appears in the search results window,
hold down the shift and the ctrl keys and click on the cmd black box
You will probably have to answer, yes, to allow this program to make changes to the operating system.
And you are taken to a DOS box that is in the, windows/system32 directory.
( if you do it wrong, you are in the, users directory and it probably didn't ask you for permission to make changes to the operating system)
At the cmd line you type,
netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFTP disable
and after it says ok you type,
exit
And then, for me, Yawcam FTPing began working on windows 7.
================