Can view stream with local IP only, not public. Why?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
teeble2001

Can view stream with local IP only, not public. Why?

Post by teeble2001 »

I followed the instructions for opening a port for my Linksys e4200 router. I set a static IP for my computer running Windows 7 (64 bit). The ports in the Yawcam program correspond with the ports I opened on the router. Still nothing.

Note: I can view my stream from another computer, but only when on that network using my local IP. I can't do it through a public IP. I used google and found instructions for FORCING PUBLIC IP. I am unable to perform this set of instructions with the current Yawcam version (0.3.8). "Stream" has no advanced button to even click on.

Any guidance would be great. Thanks in advance.

PS - I'm using this stream to watch my dogs destroy my house from work.

Instructions From Site:
http://www.yawcam.com/streamguide.php

B) If you use a router or if you use a DNS updater (for example no-ip.com) you will have to “force your public address” in the stream settings for Yawcam.

1) In the main window of Yawcam, click Settings -> Edit Settings... -> Stream
2) Mark the check box “advanced” and enter your public address in the field “Force public ip”. Note that if you use a DNS updater you must enter your registered hostname (for example foobar.no-ip.org), and can’t use the “Get”-button.
3) Now you have to forward a port in your router. (Look at www.portforward.com for help with that.) You want one port on your router to point to the computer where Yawcam is running. The default port for streaming is 8081.
4) Go to C.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

If you want, and have some free time, I can help you troubleshoot with Teamviewer.
M.A.G.

Re: Can view stream with local IP only, not public. Why?

Post by M.A.G. »

In what version do you find an advanced button in the stream page? I have this issue, I run Win7 Pro 64bit. Been fighting with Telco internet techs for a month now. Got New fiber optic service, and new modem from Telco. No more Public IP viewing from any computer on home network. I run Yawcam 0.6.0 Previous version could do no better. Router is set right. Test shows cam available inside my LAN, and outside, on the web, to anyone who looks. Just not to me.
Minor annoyance, since I can see the cam on my LAN. Just a glitch in software, or is it their glitch? I have been able to set up Yawcam over the last several years, on many machines without issue. Began with Win2K.
Otherwise guys, Damn fine piece of work.
Thanks!
M.A.G.
linokoo

Post by linokoo »

Hello,
I had several difficulties with the new yawcam for stream & I updated java & flash & now is ok.

You can see with Internet Explorer but there is a problem with Firefox I don't know why

Good luck

Lino
Last edited by linokoo on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
M.A.G.

Post by M.A.G. »

The issue is not firefox related. I have attempted several browsers, including IE, and have no success. The Telco actually determined that since the cam can be seen inside the LAN, that the router model they have used is suspect. As soon as I can, I will be testing that theory, but that involves some down grading to change back to my old Router. Need a day that has no other interruptions.
M.A.G.

Post by M.A.G. »

PS Java and Flash were my first stop. All good there.