Need some help, new user

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
John.zeal

Need some help, new user

Post by John.zeal »

I've installed yewcam on the computer I need to use it on (my laptop) I set it up the way I want it (Stream) and installed the service and made sure it was running on the computer using it. I am able to view the webcam from the laptop but any other computer on my network cannot access the IP address for the cam.

I'm pretty sure I'm just not setting up my router right, I've tried the help pages and the port forwarding website but I'm new to all this and I'm in need of a little more steps.

The port it's using is 8082
When I "forward" port 8888 and 8082 do I enter the IP address for the laptop or the computer I want to view the webcam on? I've tried both but I still can't see the webcam, these are the fields I need to enter things in

External Port
Internal Port
Protocol
To IP Address
Enabled (chechbox beside it)

If anybody could tell me what I need to enter for those it would help me

Edit*

I put the IP of the Laptop into the DMZ and the IP of the computer I was accessing it with on the list but I still couldn't see the webcam
John.zeal

Re: Need some help, new user

Post by John.zeal »

What is the newest version of yawcam that still has the "stealth" function? I cannot get the "service" running properly no matter what I try using Windows XP. However, if I just run the program as normal everything is great. If I were to be able to use the Stealth setting I would actually be able to use this software. But as of right now I can't because they decided to take out features.
rowdyplace

Post by rowdyplace »

malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

@John.seal:
You will find changes in Yawcam by looking at the change log:
http://www.yawcam.com/help/help_hist.php

The latest version that had a stealth mode was Yawcam 0.3.0
Older versions can be found here:
http://www.yawcam.com/dist/

With that said, it's still recommended that you use the service mode in a newer version of Yawcam. :D

If you have Yawcam running and working in normal mode, you are quite close to get it running as a service.
Most likely you will have to change some settings in your firewall to allow Yawcam's start file that is used when running as a service.
If you installed Yawcam into C:\Program Files\Yawcam, the file you will have to add an exception to in your firewall is:
C:\Program Files\Yawcam\Yawcam_Service.exe

Please check your firewall.

/malun
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

John,

As Malun stated, it could just be a slight change in configuration needed to run as a service. If you need help troubleshooting the service functionality, you can PM me so we can schedule a teamviewer session through gmail or skype.