Still run as service on XP?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
rowdyplace

Still run as service on XP?

Post by rowdyplace »

Rather than hijack this prior entry, I will adopt it here. http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3486
I see the first question pertains to port management. That just takes blood sweat and tears to master...
But, the second entry seems to conclude that Yawcam will no longer run as a service under XP. Is this true? I ask because I have one computer set to use 4 cams (yes, 4 installations of Yawcam) and all is well as I load and run each. I have not been able to get even one installation to run as a service. I have been a Yawcam user off and on for several years...Ya Cain't Beat It!!
z3r0c00l12

Re: Still run as service on XP?

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I'm currently running an older version of Yawcam as a service on XP without any problems and I'm not aware of any changes that would break that.

What kind of problems are you encountering when trying to use Yawcam as a service on XP?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Thats right. Also the latest version of Yawcam should work fine on Windows XP.

/malun
rowdyplace

Post by rowdyplace »

Thank you both for the quick response.
This tells me that the problem is ME. (That is a pronoun...not a version of Windows!) I will continue to look for the obvious, and post my solution as soon as I figure it out.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

If you need help, we can do a teamviewer session, just PM me and we will schedule a time using skype or gmail.