Streaming problems

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
MinorThreat

Streaming problems

Post by MinorThreat »

Hi. First I'd like to say what a great software this is, and thanks for it. It looks promising, especially for parents who want to watch their kids while they are at work.

My problem is the streaming aspect of the software. While not a geek, the interface is pretty easy and I think I've set up everything correctly, and yet streaming doesn't work. I have a static IP address, lets say 6x.8.1xx.2xx which I knew but I used the handy Force Public IP in the advanced section in the stream settings. I used the standard 8081 port, and even did port forwarding to it in my router (a linksys WRT54GS v1.1 wireless). The comp. with the webcam (a Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000) I want to stream is hardwired to this router, and I use the wireless for laptops around the house. I used my laptop to try and check the address provided (both thru my own wireless connection and one that I could pick up in my neighborhood...another ISP) in the Force Public IP window, but it didn't work. I did do an http test on the laptop and it worked with the address provided, which was 192.168.x.xxx:8888 so that works.

I even manually added the port thru my network connection but still nothing.

Could someone point me to some help on this or explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks