setting for a second instance (2 cam system)

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
g2c

setting for a second instance (2 cam system)

Post by g2c »

Hello,

I'd like to use two instances of yawcam each using a different camera: the one will use the BI - built-in cam and the second, an external USB attached webcam. I noticed that the second instance will always use the same setting as the first and will complain in case of conflict such as port #. If it were for ports only, i could reenter them upon every launch but this becomes an issue if i wanted many settings such as motion actions and actions settings to be per camera. My question is if there is a simple mean to direct each instance to a given setting even with a command line such as "yawcam -s settingFile -c camera"

Thanks in advance for your time

Guy
z3r0c00l12

Re: setting for a second instance (2 cam system)

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

g2c

Post by g2c »

Thanks, Everything work as described

Curiously, the first instance will always start with preview on, even if unchecked but this is not annoying.
Is there a way that the program(s) start with buttons pressed as set by the operator; e.g motion and stream on the rest off?

Thanks again for your help
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

To get rid of the preview in the first instance, you can set the "Service" keyword to it aswell. The steps are outlined in the link above.

As for the startup settings, you can go in the settings, there is a Startup section where you can select what starts on startup, including the preview.
g2c

Post by g2c »

z3r0c00l12 wrote:...
As for the startup settings, you can go in the settings, there is a Startup section where you can select what starts on startup, including the preview.
I am sorry, but i could not find the startup section in .yawcam directory of either program copies.
Below the items found in .yawcam of the first program

banlist.dat
disablerunningcheck.txt
extravars
img
logs
motion
pass.dat
stream
tmp
ver.dat
yawcam_settings.xml

here for the second copy .yawcam content

banlist.dat
disablerunningcheck.txt
extravars
img
logs
motion
pass.dat
stream
tmp
ver.dat
yawcam_settings.xml
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

The startup section is in the drop down menu under "Settings", "Edit Settings", and then select "Startup". This will present you with a list of check boxes to set up as default.
g2c

Post by g2c »

Sorry, stupid question :(