Garbage at bottom of image

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
rbrickh

Garbage at bottom of image

Post by rbrickh »

I'm trying to connect the output from a wireless camera mounted inside a bluebird box to my school's network. I've set up Yawcam and everything works perfect with my desktop webcam but the output from the camera I need to use is composite. I bought and EasyCap DC60 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049R ... UTF8&psc=1) off of Amazon in hopes of converting it. Using the bundled software it works correctly. When I connect with Yawcam though I get a section of garbage at the bottom of the screen. Have you seen this before and if so are there any config changes I could make to correct it? I can use it as is if not but I would prefer it to look more polished. Here is a screenshot to show the issue I'm having.
bluebird.jpg
bluebird.jpg (122.9 KiB) Viewed 16455 times
Thanks,
Rob
Yintan

Re: Garbage at bottom of image

Post by Yintan »

Reminds me a bit of this thread: http://yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4351 and to me it looks like a similar problem. Something can't keep up with the video stream. Is it possible to lower the frame rate of the cam (or converter)? And if so, does that help?
jwadsley

Post by jwadsley »

I was going to say, looks very similar to my problem. I still have not come up with a fix, some days it works fine, others not so much. I don't think its the PC, becasue I had this problem on an I7 4GB RAM, SSD, also the internet was hardwired directly to the camera from the router...
rbrickh

Post by rbrickh »

Thanks for the ideas but I don't think that's the same issue. I'm not losing any of the picture, its adding the garbage below my image both on the preview and what I'm streaming. On the thought that it might be a problem with the computer keeping up I took a second adapter of the same type and connected it to my desktop (64 bit Win7Pro, I5-2400 with 16 GB ram) but it has the same issue. I think its detecting the input as a different size than the easycap is really providing and that's what is causing it. I can't seem to manually set the input settings, so that might be a suggestion for an added feature unless I'm just not seeing it in the menus. All well, what can you expect from an $8 adapter. Since yawcam works fine with several other webcams I have I'm going to use it as is for now and replace it with a better converter when I get a chance. Anyone have any recommendations for an rca-to-usb adapter that is known to be compatible?
Yintan

Post by Yintan »

rbrickh wrote:I think its detecting the input as a different size than the easycap is really providing and that's what is causing it.
Yep, you're probably right. The converted easycap picture is 640x400 instead of the standard 640x480 that Yawcam expects to get.