problem with streaming

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Well, see you tomorrow... :D

/malun
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

i have not installed a new fireWall yet, but i tried to disable fireWall from xp and the results where not good (the same problem was ocurring)...

now i hope soon this software can work propeply with my cam :roll:
i will try and try again untill im tired :P

I dont now if it is a optimizasion problem with software, but in my pc, when i startup de yawcam it is a little bit slowly (it could be my cam... :roll: mustek mini2 :evil: baahh)
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I'm starting to believe that your ISP has put you behind a router that you can't control... In this case you will not be able to use the stream output (or the built-in webserver) in Yawcam :(

Maybe you could talk to your ISP and ask them to tell you exactly how you are connected to the Internet...
If you are lucky, they might even open up at port for you :wink:

But right now it looks like you will have to manage with the ftp-upload if you want images published on the web.

I dont now if it is a optimizasion problem with software, but in my pc, when i startup de yawcam it is a little bit slowly
It takes some time to connect to the webcam, and this time depends on the webcam. But Yawcam is written in java, and java is somewhat slow. The only thing you can do to speed-up the starting process is to uncheck the "Check for new versions" option in the startup settings (settings -> edit settings -> startup).

/malun
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

malun wrote:I'm starting to believe that your ISP has put you behind a router that you can't control... In this case you will not be able to use the stream output (or the built-in webserver) in Yawcam :(
.... :cry: .... :cry: ..... :cry: .....
malun wrote:Maybe you could talk to your ISP and ask them to tell you exactly how you are connected to the Internet...
If you are lucky, they might even open up at port for you :wink:
Ok in that case i want some anwsers, im gonna tlak to them and now waht can i do to use this streaming business, and if they can unblock one port to me...i think if im am a very respect client they could do that for free, to me....
malun wrote:It takes some time to connect to the webcam, and this time depends on the webcam.

Yes you are rigth my webcam is a little piece of ****, is a mustek mini2, when i open explorer to do some streaming directly to my windows explorer, sometimes dosent work, and the other times it works....I think that could be a driver problem, or a hardware problem (cam)...dont now... :roll:

Now if i have not being very boring (:?) could you tell me what is the better software of ftp (cuteFtp, flashFxp...), and how does the "streaming" by FTP works?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Murdock wrote:Now if i have not being very boring (:?) could you tell me what is the better software of ftp (cuteFtp, flashFxp...), and how does the "streaming" by FTP works?
I don't have so much experice with ftp clients for Windows... The only one I have used is LeapFTP and it works well, but isn't freeware :-(
Another one I've heard of that is freeware is SmartFTP, but I've never used it myself.

The FTP output in Yawcam will not provide any streaming video. It will only upload images to a ftp server in a specified interval.

But you don't need any additional software to use the ftp upload in Yawcam. All you need is a homepage area with ftp access.
Yawcam will upload the images to the ftp server specified in the ftp settings (settings -> edit settings -> ftp).

/malun
Joost

Post by Joost »

Malun,
I've had the same problem and have found a solution for it.
When you can't view the streaming video from outside your connection (other house) but you do have set everything fine (and do not use a router), you must go to the configuration -> internet connection -> right click -> properties -> advanced -> settings -> add ->

Yawcam

your IP-address (not to the outside, so probably something like 192.168.0.1

8081 TCP

Good luck with it!
Cheers,
Joost
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Great. Thanks for your suggestion Joost!

/malun