FTP Error 450 (Yawcam 4.1 and Java 1.8.0_25-b18)

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Helge

FTP Error 450 (Yawcam 4.1 and Java 1.8.0_25-b18)

Post by Helge »

After installing java 1.8.0-25 I got the error could not start the application trying to start Yawcam 4.1
I followed the recommended steps with including the correct path but before Yawcam would start I also had to remove a faulty path with programdata in it (in the beginning of the existing path) instead of Program Files (x86).

However... when Yawcam starts it will NOT upload images. I tried upload image files from my computer with Filezilla and that works. The software Virtual Wether Station also successfully upload weather data image files over FTP. But with Yawcam I get the following error:
What is the problem and how can I fix it?

I though the problem maybe had something to do with a corrupt file in the webcam folder (or access rights), so I renamed the old folder and created a new empty folder. But still Yawcam will not upload files to the same folder that Filezilla successfully do.
Helge

Re: FTP Error 450 (Yawcam 4.1 and Java 1.8.0_25-b18)

Post by Helge »

Is it possible to change FTP parameters like for example FTP timeout (in seconds)?

BTW: I do sometimes get a slightly different error message:

Helge

Re: FTP Error 450 (Yawcam 4.1 and Java 1.8.0_25-b18)

Post by Helge »

Two more "discoveries": The two different errror messages depends on if active or passive transfers is used. In the Yawcam console snap shot to the left below:
Error message - FTP Error: 450 Transfer aborted. Link to file server lost - is when passive transfer are set in Yawcam FTP advanced
Error message - FTP Error: Read timed out - is after I changed to active transfer

I also remembered that a few years ago I saw probaly the same thing (at least similar) with a computer without ethernet cable and with not so good Wifi signal. On that PC Yawcam manged typically to upload most images but failed on lets say 1 out 5 (varying number of successful image upload for every failed upload). Installing a directional antenna on the network card of the desktop computer made the image upload work better. However the strange thing was that also on that computer Filezilla uploaded image files without any problem every time while Yawcam struggeled. How I remembered... by checking the web page where Yawcam now is set to upload images and verifying that a FEW images (3 out of 13) actually is succesfully uploaded although most (10 out of 13) upload attempts failed (se image to the right below). This computer is connected by ethernet cable to the router. The internet connection is however mobile internet (3G) but is by speedtest.net several times measured to typically 32 ms response time, approx 6 Mbps download and 1.2 Mbps upload. Browsing, e-mail, Filezilla FTP upload etc etc works fine but Yawcam is not exactly working fine....
Image Image