Suggestions

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
maxlabb

Suggestions

Post by maxlabb »

Please, can you implement these functions ?

1 - video recording (easy, one click and go!) with day, hours from...to ecc.

2 - automatic screen resolution. Example: my cam resolution 1600X1200. My screen resolution 1400X900. With yawcam I can see the window preview only 640X480. Other resolutions: 1600X1200(default), 1280X960, 640X480, 352X288, 320X240, 176X144, 160X120. Why I can't see to 1400X900 ?

Thanks
z3r0c00l12

Re: Suggestions

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

1-Feature is sort of there already, you just have to save files, then use the images to movie feature.
2-Camera resolution and screen resolution are 2 completely different things. If your camera could record 4K (4096P), but you only had a 1080P screen, you would only see a quarter of the picture, but you can always set your camera to record smaller so it fits your screen. Your camera uses a 4:3 format, a.k.a fullscreen or square. Your screen however uses a 16:10 format. Some new HD cameras have widescreen formats now, so they can record in 16:9 format which will suit your screen better.
AlexM

Post by AlexM »

I have a feature suggestion (may be already implemented, I've just installed and made it to work):
As far as I understand, Yawcam keeps camera opened while it is running as a service. Would be nice to have ability to connect/disconnect camera manually by commands from the web page (certainly, when host computer user opens camera, it will be impossible until it is released, in use/release notifications will also be useful).
I understand, that it can be implemented by stopping/starting service remotely, but not very convenient since requires additional network/security setup.
Also, on my computer (I now evaluate Yawcam from the local host) the first web page opening after service started takes few minutes, although subsequent page openings are immediate.

Regards,
Alex
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

It's not an entirely new suggestion, but it is certainly interesting.

There already is possibility of releasing the camera when it's not in use, see "releasecamera" text file hack. http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1264

The web service currently doesn't allow any controls, which is already a suggestion made, by myself. I would encourage you to see the thread below and suggest your additional control to the web service as an appendix to my suggestion.

http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1350
AlexM

Post by AlexM »

I've tried the releasecamera.txt hack, it does not work, at least when running as service. Did I miss something?

I also just noticed - on my laptop after sleep/wake up service does not respond any more.
Upd: false alarm, it started streaming again, but with a significant delay...
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

The releasecamera does work, as long as Yawcam is not actively using the camera. If you use the file save feature, the camera is constantly in use unless your interval is fairly high. If you have streaming on, then I believe the camera won't be released.

What features are you using in Yawcam?