Trying to get the email and photos to save

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
anonymous2014

Trying to get the email and photos to save

Post by anonymous2014 »

Hi, I just downloaded your program as part of a surprise christmas gift and I was trying to set up the software in advance (to make sure that it worked) and I keep getting errors instead of two results.The two issues that I am having currently is that an email is not being sent out( either a connection or an authentication issue) and the file is not being saved at all. Otherwise the software works great, I would just like to be able to get the image saved and sent to me via email so that I have a record. Does anyone have any ideas as how to fix these issues as I've typed them down below?

Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Yawcam\::{031E4825-7B94-4DC3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}\Pictures.library-ms\security system check.jpg (The file name, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect).

Mail: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.live.com, port: 465

I would greatly appreciate someone's help with this.
z3r0c00l12

Re: Trying to get the email and photos to save

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

For the email, I've never tried with Live.com, but according to some websites, the port should be 587. See here: http://email.about.com/od/accessinghotm ... ttings.htm

How are you trying to save the image? because it looks like it's saving to an invalid location below which is why it's not saving. Try changing your settings to save to a different folder, closer to the root is probably better if you are troubleshooting. Try creating a folder like C:\Yawcam\ and save there. Avoid spaces in the name by either substituting them with underscores or removing them altogether. Also avoid any kind of special characters, stick to letters, numbers, underscores, dashes and periods.
malun
Site Admin

Re: Trying to get the email and photos to save

Post by malun »

There is also an known bug that Yawcam ignores the port number when using SSL-connection to the SMTP server.

That won't explain the error:
Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Yawcam\::{031E4825-7B94-4DC3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}\Pictures.library-ms\security system check.jpg (The file name, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect).

But it might explain the:
Mail: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.live.com, port: 465

The known bug has been fixed, but the fix has not yet been released in any version of Yawcam :(
Bear with me... a new release might come during the holidays...

/malun