Port "8081" is already in use. Please select another port.

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
poetsstudy

Port "8081" is already in use. Please select another port.

Post by poetsstudy »

All of the sudden the software does not work. It's been installed for a long time.
Upon launch the error pops up. Also, in the control panel I have tried to enable the "streaming" but it pops up the same error... "Port "8081" is already in use. Please select another port.".
I don't know what/why anything has changed since it last worked yesterday.

P.S. I do have teamviewer if it would help to take a look behind the Oz's curtain.
z3r0c00l12

Re: Port "8081" is already in use. Please select another por

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

If the port is in use, it means 1 of 2 things, 1) Yawcam is already running or 2) Another application is using port 8081.

In order to see what is running on port 8081, we will need to cross-reference the output of 2 commands in the command prompt, but it should be fairly easy.

First open a command prompt, you can do that by pressing start and typing "cmd" (without quotes).
Once the command prompt is open, type the command {netstat -ano | find ":8081"} (without curly brackets, but include the quotes).
This will give you an output, find the line that says "LISTENING", there should only be one, but if there is another one, take the one that starts with TCP.
At the end of the line, you'll find a 4-digit number, it could also be 3 or 5 digits, but odds are it will be 4 digits. Write down that number as we will use it in the next command. I will reference it as the "Process ID".
For the next command, replace the 0000 by the Process ID we found in the last command, then type {tasklist | find "0000"} (without curly brackets, but include the quotes).
In the output, if there is any, there should only be 1 line, you'll see the name of the process using port 8081. If you see "javaw.exe", that should be the Yawcam service, if you see "Yawcam.exe", then it's Yawcam again, but not as a service. If you see anything else, it's another application using that port. You can probably search for that process name on google to find out what it is.