Using the wrong webcam.

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Nisange

Using the wrong webcam.

Post by Nisange »

Hello,

I have a USB webcam (n°1) connected to a network with a TP-Link MFP and Storage Server (PS310U) (It works quite well).

When the webcam (n°1) is not available, Yawcam (2016-03-27) connects the webcam (n°2) to my PC. It would force Yawcam to connect to the webcam (n°1) and not to use a webcam (n°2).

Would have Yawcam uses only the camera provided for each session.
I run Yawcam once.

If there is no other available webcam, Yawcam shows "No device selected". But when the webcam (n°1) is available again, Yawcam not connect to it automatically.
z3r0c00l12

Re: Using the wrong webcam.

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

This is actually normal. When you save the Yawcam settings, Yawcam saves the identifier of the webcam only as a number, such as "1" or "2", so if your USB webcam on the TP-Link is webcam "1" and your other webcam is webcam "2", then when they are available, it will connect to "1", however, if your first webcam is not available, when Yawcam starts. the list of webcam only has the "2" webcam as "1", so it connects to that one and if neither is available, then webcam "1" wouldn't exist, so it can't connect to any webcam.
FriGiN

Re: Using the wrong webcam.

Post by FriGiN »

I hate to bring up an old topic, this info helped fix me .. "temporarily" i suppose.

I have 2 cams one for myself/streaming etc. and one for my 3d printer which is why i need this software. I have to unplug one camera, restart the device or the service doesnt matter which, and then make sure the 2nd camera (the 3dprinter) is working. then plug my normal camera back in.

this is a huge hassle... is there any way to make the service use the second camera instead by now? or is there a way to make it see one camera first in windows or something?