Yawcam quits randomly without apparent reason

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
blaas

Yawcam quits randomly without apparent reason

Post by blaas »

Hi,
thank you, Malun, for providing this very useful software! I have been happily using it for quite a time but it randomly quits (within hours or days). Since the PC it runs on is remote, I only notice that it is not running by the lack of the streaming. I then access it via VNC and start it again, which is somewhat cumbersome. Interestingly, when it has quit, the little icon on the tasklist remains until mousing over it.

Is there any way to periodically check if it is running and if not to restart it automatically? I would just run such a check every 5 minutes or so and if it is found not running restart it. However, it is neither listed in "wmic" nor in "tasklist" so, how to do a suitable check? I do not think that I can find out the reason for its quitting. Maybe a problem with the webcam that is connected over an ethernet cable, maybe anything else...
Thanks for help, Dieter
blaas

Re: Yawcam quits randomly without apparent reason

Post by blaas »

Hi, I found out that this problem was due to a too new version of java (note that I run Windows7)! I had updated and apparently yawcam did not like this version. When going back to a previous version of java yawcam did not randomly quit any more!