"No device selected" but motion detection still active?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
MikeMoyle

"No device selected" but motion detection still active?

Post by MikeMoyle »

Hi! I'm new to YAWCam and I'm having a problem that has me stumped. I tried searching but the search mechanism kept telling me that my words were all too common, so please forgive me if this has already been covered.

I've got a Logitech C920 HD Webcam attached to a Toshiba Satellite laptop running the latest stable version of YAWCam on Win7. For a while -- a day or two -- everything was fine. Then the camera output stopped showing in the monitor windows. The camera was still in the menu and,apparently, still selectable, but the monitor shows a black window with an error message that there is "No device selected". Selecting the laptop's internal webcam opens a window with my ugly mug in it, but selecting the Logitech camera in the menu gets the black window. Unplugging/replugging the camera does nothing, nor does plugging the camera into a different USB port. Curiously, if motion detection is turned on, every few seconds a new screen capture is saved -- of the black window with "No device selected".

So, it APPEARS that the system is still receiving input from the camera -- else why save a new picture file every time a car goes past? -- but the output isn't being... well... output. Has anyone run into anything like this before? Any suggestions as to what's going on and how to fix it?