Err Chk Host. Need Signed Applet?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...

Err Chk Host. Need Signed Applet?

Post by Guest »

I get that error message (see subject line) when trying to view the streaming output from yawcam. I love the software in all other respects, but so far no luck with streaming. I don't think this is a bug, but probably a configuration issue with Java on my machine? I've looked into the Java control panel, but nothing there looks promising. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

--Julian

It's in the grey java box

Post by Guest »

I should add that the error message is indeed showing up in the grey java box, so it's definitely a java error. My java version is the latest 1.4.02 or something like that (just downloaded it today, July 9).

Thanks,

--Julian
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

First you should try if you can see yourself on the same computer that Yawcam runs on.

Check at the bottom of the stream settings page in Yawcam and see what url is printed there. (open this page by clicking: Settings->Edit settings...->Stream)

The url should be something like: http://192.168.0.1:8081/

Now enable the stream output in Yawcam and then type the url you found before in your browser.

Can you see yourself?

/malun

Post by Guest »

I get this error message when trying to view the streaming output in a browser on the same computer where yawcam is running, and on a different computer on the same LAN. Streaming is enabled. The preview window in Yawcam shows the live image.

Browsers used: Mozilla 1.5 and IE 5 (whatever the default one is on Win98SE, which is the OS I'm using). Same message in both, ie: it's a java message.

--Julian

P.S. I'm using DVdriver from Eagletron (makers of Trackercam) to allow my DV camcorder to be used as a webcam. I don't think that has anything to do with this problem, but I'm wondering if yawcam has or will have any native support for WDM devices such as DV Camcorders using firewire/IEEE 1394 ports?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

How does the HTML source code look like on the page?
And what are the address your are typing in the browser?
but I'm wondering if yawcam has or will have any native support for WDM devices such as DV Camcorders using firewire/IEEE 1394 ports?
No, not in the present version or in no following java versions. Maybe if I get a C++ version ready it would probably support wdm.

/malun
sproket90

Post by sproket90 »

i had the same problem. error message from java console

Host: 192.168.0.2:8081
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 192.168.0.2:8081 connect,resolve)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at YawApplet.init(YawApplet.java:90)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Had to change to force IP to the actual IP address of the machine under the streaming setup. My network is different from 192.168.0.x
Thomas

Try this

Post by Thomas »

I had a same problem but it is working well know, it wasn't java problem.
If you're using a router, please go to Yawcam website and read first question in FAQ.

Post by Guest »

Well, I did have everything setup as per the faq. I'm not sure why, but it seems towork now. I connected to the streaming output from the same machine where yawcam is running, using the public IP of the router. So streaming and viewing on the same machine, with the connection supposedly going out to the internet and back in.

Took a long time for the applet to load. And there was no movement on the stream. It was just a static image. I thought it would be more like video conferencing. Was there perhaps too much load on the CPU streaming and viewing at once? The machine is an Athlon XP 2500+, 256MB RAM, Win98SE.

Thanks for your help so far, here's the page source for the streaming page (public IP removed, since I'd rather not post it publically).

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Yawcam</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body>
<div align="center">
<p><strong><font size="5" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">My webcam!</font></strong> </p>
<p>
<applet CODE=YawApplet.class WIDTH="640" HEIGHT="480">

<param name="Host" value="[public IP removed]">
<param name="Port" value="8081">
</applet>
</p>
<p><a href="http://www.yawcam.com" target="_blank"> <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">www.yawcam.com</font></a></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Anonymous wrote:Took a long time for the applet to load. And there was no movement on the stream. It was just a static image. I thought it would be more like video conferencing. Was there perhaps too much load on the CPU streaming and viewing at once? The machine is an Athlon XP 2500+, 256MB RAM, Win98SE.
Strange, you should at least get some fps. The machine is powerful enough.
Have you asked some else outside your network to test if the stream works for them?

Try to reduce the image size to 320x240 and see if it makes any difference.

The html looks ok.

/malun