applet

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
mykle

applet

Post by mykle »

hi

I'm a french developper and I currently use yawcam : it's a well done soft !

for my school job, I've to transmit webcams streams into a html page, exactly the same as yawcam, but over a linux station. I've readed the previous posts and I know that you don't plan to give the yawcam code. however, my searchs are quite far and I just need some help to write the applet who give to the client the possibility to see the webcam stream. indeed, I use JMF to broadcast webcams streams but I don't have any idea for writing the applet. or in the same way, is it possible to use only the applet over the client station, without lauching yawcam over the server (use of JMF) ? and if the reply is "yes", may you explain to me how to do ?

thanks by advance, and whatever your reply, I keep going to use yawcam for my personnal web page.

Mykle
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I have also answered your mail, but I'll post an answer here too if someone else is interested...

Yawcam also uses JMF. But it only uses JMF to capture the images from the webcam. I don't use the built-it streaming formats in JMF when transffering the data to the applet. I'll transfer the image data as ordinary byte streams. This is because I want the applet to be able to run without any extra plugins. If you only use java version 1.1 compatible code (in the applet), the applet will work in the most browsers without installing java or anything extra.

Look at the Toolkit.createImage() method when creating the images from the byte stream.

/malun