Cannot Connect to FTP Server

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
hopson

Cannot Connect to FTP Server

Post by hopson »

First, I am an absolute newbie with webcam software so I apologize that my questions are elementary. I created a subdomain on my small website to upload jpegs of birds from my webcam. I was able to use an FTP client program (Filezilla) to upload a jpeg to the correct directory within the subdomain, so I'm reasonably sure the userid, password and port I'm entering into Yawcam are correct. But I'm not being able to use FTP to upload the webcam images with Yawcam. I would appreciate any advice about common mistakes, and I have some questions. (1) Do I have to enter the FTP settings in both the Control Panel and the Motion Detection - Actions - FTP Upload screens? (2) For the FTP Server Name, do I start the name with ftp:// ? www. ? birdcam.mysite.org ? Should I put a final slash after .org or a beginning slash on the Directory Name if I don't have a final slash after .org? I have tried lots of variations and just can't make it work. The log files simply say "Could not connect to ftp-server!", so I don't know what I'm doing wrong specifically. Any help would be greatly appreciated!